Fidonet Portal

From: Chad Adams (1:19/37)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.10.20 13:03
mis poll
Is there a way to set a text mode for mis poll exactly like it use to poll
using fidopoll? If i run a terminal, it makes the screen size jump around and
its hard to read using mis window.

Maybe add a command line switch?

Sincerely,
-Nugax
--=TheByteXchange BBS=--

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/10/13 (Linux/64)
* Origin: The ByteXchange BBS | bbs.thebytexchange.com (1:19/37)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.10.20 16:33
Re: mis poll
CA> Is there a way to set a text mode for mis poll exactly like it use to
CA> poll using fidopoll? If i run a terminal, it makes the screen size jump
CA> around and its har d to read using mis window.
CA>
CA> Maybe add a command line switch?

What version of Windows are you using? It shouldn't be moving the window
around your screen at all. What it does is resize the window while it runs if
the window is larger than the screen output. At least on my Windows 10 it
doesn't move.

* Origin: Sector 7 | Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 03:18
Re: mis poll
RS> How do you get it to resize in linux and pi? if I resize the mis window
RS> it stays the original size no matter how large the terminal window is?

MIS status window always runs in 80x25, so if you want it bigger you need to
increase your font size. It should resize the terminal for you so it all fits,
but maybe its broken on the Pi or the Pi desktop has terminal resizing disabled
by default.

Users of the actual BBS can use up to 160x60 terminal size but thats not larger
text its just more of it.

* Origin: Sector 7 | Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 07:51
Re: mis poll
RS> Yes I remember you suggesting that once, it could be just on the Pi it
RS> doesnt wo rk... I even get the same result ssh'g into the pi from a
RS> linux box... not a hug e deal I suppose in the scheme of things

Eventually I will allow the MIS screen to be skinned for larger screen sizes,
but the server status screen is stuck at 80x25 for now.

The BBS itself when you are logged in as a user can adapt to your screen size
(up to 160x60). I was actually planning to add a new 132x36 default theme in
A47.

* Origin: Sector 7 | Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Tue, 17.11.20 12:53
Re: Mis Poll
PH> You know how FIDOPOLL is no more.. with that removal had the killbusy
PH> -alloption gone for good as well?
PH>
PH> I did a quick check of A46 that I am currently running and the reported
PH> options are

Fidopoll still works in A46 its removed in A47. MIS in A47 has all of the
options of fidopoll including the killbusy option.

It also gives addition information as to what busy files it finds (if any) in
A47.

* Origin: Sector 7 | Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Wed, 18.11.20 02:11
Re: Mis Poll
On 17 Nov 2020 at 11:53a, g00r00 pondered and said...

g0> Fidopoll still works in A46 its removed in A47. MIS in A47 has all of
g0> the options of fidopoll including the killbusy option.
g0> It also gives addition information as to what busy files it finds (if
g0> any) in A47.

Brill, thanks for that. Smile

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)