Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.10.20 23:21
Re: Trump the assasin
> I know you mean well, but if the facts around police misconduct were "well
> known," then I don't think all this brutality would still be happening. The
> problem is that the facts around police midconduct are NOT well known. We
> don't know about it every time they hurt someone.

Some cases can fall between the cracks when good men fail to stand up or there
is not enough evidence to convict.

>> Derek Chauvin will have his day in court and we can only hope that justice
>> will prevail.

> We KNOW that justice will prevail.

My best guess is that Derek will get justice but that is not always the case.

> Our courts will convict a dirty cop like Chauvin, but then dirty Democrats
> will get him released from prison early because that's what they like to do
> now.

It's not because "that's what they like to do now".

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.10.20 23:47
Re: Trump the assasin
>> I suppose what we have now is some kind of shitnami. What is the
>> cause/solution to this so called shitnami?

> The cause is politics.

Politics can be a shitnami but that's another story.

> The solution is to ignore color, to recognize real racism, and to denounce
> it.

The world is not colour blind but racism should really be taken out with the
trash.

Police departments have to recognize "bad" behaviour for what it is and deal
with it in a way that it can be kept out of the departments before trouble
hits. The same with the justice system. If police departments and the justice
system can't / won't / don't do that then we continue like this.

That won't be a quick and easy process.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 02:54
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> On 10-10-20 02:01, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Joacim Melin about Re: Trump the assasin <=-

AT> It's hard to say it nicely, but BLM is selfish. They should stop
AT> looking at skin color, and start looking at realistic ways to help
AT> victims of all colors.

They will stop looking at skin color when the bad cops stop looking at
their skin color.

AT> When people are suffering from any kind of problem, the last thing a
AT> conservative will do is look at their skin color.

Get real.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:55:49, 11 Oct 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 03:05
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> On 10-10-20 02:27, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Trump the assasin <=-

DS> Wrong. It has been well reported what led up to the knee in the neck.
DS> Did you not watch and listen?

AT> Listen to who? Chris Cuomo?

I don't know if he aired the videos of the time line before the neck on
the knee or not. I rarely watch him. There were videos, but I cannot
find them now.

Here is a synopsis of how it started, and then a link to the full WIKI
article (which has a lot of supporting references)>

On the evening of May 25, 2020, at about 8:00 pm, Floyd purchased
cigarettes at Cup Foods, a grocery store at the intersection of East
38th Street and Chicago Avenue in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood of
Minneapolis. A store employee believed Floyd had paid with a counterfeit
$20 bill. Employees of the store approached Floyd while he was in his
vehicle and demanded that Floyd return the cigarettes; he refused. A
store employee called the police to report that Floyd had passed "fake
bills", was "awfully drunk", and "not in control of himself". The
interaction between Floyd and the employees was recorded by the
restaurant's security camera.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

In other words, Floyd's death was the result of an accusation of cashing
a $20 bill believed to be counterfeit by a store employee. Even if
true, that was at most a misdemeanor offense on its face. The officer
could have easily given him a court appearance ticket and let him go for
such a minor offense.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:12:38, 11 Oct 2020

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 05:08
Re: Trump the assasin
On 11 Oct 20 01:05:04, Dale Shipp said the following to Aaron Thomas:

DS> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

Whats almost always ignored in these little gaslight stories in the media
that get blown up into a national crisis, is that if a person fucks around and
breaks the law, that person will be in trouble.

If that person does not enjoy interactions with the police because its
dangerous due to one's criminal history, skin colour or ethnicity how's about
staying out of trouble in the first place... like the other 95 some odd
percent of others of the same colour/ethnicity who work hard in life, are
humble and want the police to do their job to protect and serve.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 12:14
Re: Trump the assasin
On 11 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> -=> On 10-10-20 02:27, Aaron Thomas <=-
DS> -=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Trump the assasin <=-
DS>
DS> DS> Wrong. It has been well reported what led up to the knee in the neck
DS> DS> Did you not watch and listen?
DS>
DS> AT> Listen to who? Chris Cuomo?
DS>
DS> I don't know if he aired the videos of the time line before the neck on
DS> the knee or not. I rarely watch him. There were videos, but I cannot
DS> find them now.
DS>
DS> Here is a synopsis of how it started, and then a link to the full WIKI
DS> article (which has a lot of supporting references)>
DS>
DS> On the evening of May 25, 2020, at about 8:00 pm, Floyd purchased
DS> cigarettes at Cup Foods, a grocery store at the intersection of East
DS> 38th Street and Chicago Avenue in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood of
DS> Minneapolis. A store employee believed Floyd had paid with a counterfeit
DS> $20 bill. Employees of the store approached Floyd while he was in his
DS> vehicle and demanded that Floyd return the cigarettes; he refused. A
DS> store employee called the police to report that Floyd had passed "fake
DS> bills", was "awfully drunk", and "not in control of himself". The
DS> interaction between Floyd and the employees was recorded by the
DS> restaurant's security camera.
DS>
DS> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd
DS>
DS> In other words, Floyd's death was the result of an accusation of cashing
DS> a $20 bill believed to be counterfeit by a store employee. Even if
DS> true, that was at most a misdemeanor offense on its face. The officer
DS> could have easily given him a court appearance ticket and let him go for
DS> such a minor offense.

You're leaving out several parts. Parts that prove Floyd was not a good man.
No he did not deserve to die with a officer on his neck, but that does not mean
that Police Departments need to de-funded across America or even in the next
town from where this took place.

Who goes into a store pays with fake money - that is stealing.
Why do people not realize that there are consequences for breaking the law,
then protest when the aftermath of their decisions has been caught by law
enforcement. Why do some more then few persons of color feel like they can do
whatever they want even though they should know the difference between right
and wrong.

Floyd would still be alive today if he simply got into the Police car and
then had his day in court, many people of color would still be alive today if
they made this decision that I am suggesting.

. ______ ?????????Ŀ ????????Ŀ ???????Ŀ ?????????????????Ŀ

/ 00????00'-????00???00?٨???00??00?٨???00?00?٨????00????????00????

* Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.10.20 22:45
Re: Trump the assasin
Re: Re: Trump the assasin
By: Alan Ianson to Dennis Katsonis on Sat Oct 10 2020 15:16:46

> > I see the USA heading towards a low level civil war, which I think has
> > already started. The only thing that you can do now, is pick which side
> > you want to join. I would NOT recommend joining the Democrats, and I lived
> > there, I would not, as they would hate me.
>
> It certainly is something, I'm not sure what to call it.
>
> I wouldn't join the democrats either or any political group. At voting time
> I vote for what I think would be good for the province or country out of the
> available choices.
>
> > Remember, Hillary called about half the country "deplorable" because they
> > had the gall to not subscribe to her world view.
>
> Hillary is not an issue today.
>
> > In short, you are screwed.
>
> I'm not screwed at all. If someone is getting screwed they might want to
> make changes.
>
> --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From what I can see, the USA is heading towards a low level civil war. Not
fun, is it?
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 14:37
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> Mike Powell wrote to DENNIS KATSONIS <=-

>I see the USA heading towards a low level civil war, which I think has
already
>started. The only thing that you can do now, is pick which side you want to
>join. I would NOT recommend joining the Democrats, and I lived there, I would
>not, as they would hate me.

MP> Al does not have to do anything because he does not live here.

>Someone needs to step up and be the bigger man, and stop "cancel culture",
stop

>companies and business policing everything, stop the division.

MP> Trump has tried some. Those who love the cancelling and division have
MP> not appreciated it.

>Remember, Hillary called about half the country "deplorable" because they had
>the gall to not subscribe to her world view.

MP> I don't forget that. I am sure that Al has some excuse for her
MP> behavior, though.

MP> I personally don't think it was only limited to those who did not
MP> subscribe to her view... I think it was pretty much meant for anyone
MP> who lives in the "fly-over" states. Obama proved for 8 years that they
MP> really don't give a shit for most of the country. Just the parts where
MP> the population density is high.

True. We have a major problem with people in positions of power, this includes
in companies, where they think their role is to shape our world. I'm utterly
sick to death of hearing CEO's and other upper managers talk as if their role
as a manager of a tampon factory is to push social change and betterment and
shape the world.

> In short, you are screwed.

MP> Al is only screwed if Trump wins and his ideas cross the border. If
MP> Biden wins, Al is not screwed because Al does not live here.

> I just want Australians to wise up and reject American politics, reject your
> Silicon Valley morality, reject your country and everything about it
> completely.

MP> I notice that Al never corrects you because it would hurt his
MP> arguments, but the USA is not his country.

MP> Is embracing American politics an issue in Australia? One way to
MP> prevent it is to make sure that Australia does not sell out to Silicon
MP> Valley or any other foriegn interests, if they have not already.
MP> Especially China and the EU. Once they worm their way in, you are also
MP> screwed.

I perhaps was a little harsh, the USA has done great things, but I do wish we
didn't follow where you guys are going.

Australians' fear being irrelevant, and definately what happens there happens
here too. We too had "Black Lives Matter" protests, despite the lack of any
slave descendants here. We even have MAGAites, complete with red caps. It
isn't so much that the companies have control (though FB/Twitter censor us just
as readily), its that people are fixated on what happens there.

Some people in Australia forget we are another country. Judging by some, its
just as critical for us Australians that your awards ceremonies are diverse.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 14:44
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> Mike Powell wrote to DALE SHIPP <=-

> AT> Trump made the coronavirus worse,

> He did exactly that.

MP> And Nancy and DeBlasio and Cuomo did what?

MP> "Don't close the border!" "Get out (in large crowds where social
MP> distancing is impossible) and celebrate Chinese New Year." "Let's ship
MP> the sick old people back into the nursing homes."

MP> That is what they did. They oppossed anything the President did try to
MP> do.

That happened in Australia as well. Remember the mayor of Florence urging
people to go out and hug a Chinese person? How many deaths did that person
cause?

Likewise here, there were cries of "racist" at those who wanted to stay away
from certain areas.

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 14:14
Re: Trump the assasin
> Our courts will convict a dirty cop like Chauvin, but then dirty Democrats
> will get him released from prison early because that's what they like to do
> now.
AI>
AI> It's not because "that's what they like to do now".

It's a new trend within the Democrat party. Bail reforms made simply to get
poor people out of jail, and on-the-spot prison pardons for coronavirus. I
don't know which one is worse out of those 2, but I'm mostly pissed, as a
taxpayer, about the bail reform. Crime victims can no longer rely on the
police for help. Instead, they have to seek help from courts. I'd rather live
in a state where I can call the cops when I become a crime victim, and the
people who did the crime will know that they're facing jail if caught. From
now on, I will stop neglecting the importance of coronavirus safety in
our county jails and state prisons. But even more importantly, I'll be an
advocate for yet another bail form, preferably from the Republicans, but they
are MIA in New York State. More realistically, I'll be begging the Democrats
for a new bail reform. Now that they've weakened me. Republicans in NY suck
for not helping with jack, but I guess their message is to just leave for a
better state. Friggin expensive to do that though!

I don't know how things are in NYC or Albany, but knowing that people in NYC
pay significantly higher taxes than me, I can't imagine anyone from NYC being
happy about all this. There is a lot of confusion about who exactly these
actions are benefiting, but personally, I have a lot of suspicion. The
democrats acted like Cuomo's army of robots and they all back his bail reform.

Some of these state assembly members repeat the same words like a recording:
"Wealthy people had money for bail and poor people didn't and it wasn't fair."

They might have been on to something when they reached deep into their dark
souls and thought about helping the poor, but before they could finish up with
something that their constituents are actually asking for, they stumbled, and
decided to help accused criminals first, and then perhaps see what they can do
to help non criminals later. Politicians should be required to keep up with
mail from their residents, because we sure didn't ask for this sheet.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 14:21
Re: Trump the assasin
AI> The world is not colour blind but racism should really be taken out with th
AI> trash.

I agree with that entire statement.

AI> Police departments have to recognize "bad" behaviour for what it is and dea
AI> with it in a way that it can be kept out of the departments before trouble
AI> hits. The same with the justice system. If police departments and the justi
AI> system can't / won't / don't do that then we continue like this.
AI>
AI> That won't be a quick and easy process.

It's a process that's already been done quickly and easily. Like with the
Chauvin case, you know those police had bodycams. The boycams are what would
lead to the ultimate arrest of Chauvin.

Police should be required to wear the bodycam in all police departments, but
that's not the case just yet. Police without bodycams will need to be awarded
some serious grant money to pay for them, but these Democrats who now say that
they're "not for defunding police" should agree with me and help get police
the funding they need for bodycams. One in a while, we need to be grateful for
the sacrifices that police make and do things to protect them also.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 12:44
Re: Trump the assasin
> AI> Why is my nationality an issue for you?
>
> Probably because you appear to enjoy complaining about non-Canadian problems.
> On and on you complain non-stop about a president you (we) don't have.

Exactly. I would expect you both to react the same way if I was going on
and on about Trudeau. Only way I wouldn't would be if Trump/Trudeau came
up with some policy that directly affected the other country. Instead, it
is nearly 100% Al complaining about things he does not seem to be very
informed about just because Trump (supposedly) did it.

> Or is this all just a facade and really you're just jealous he has balls and
> tenacity unlike our drama-teacher effeminate leader elected on his last name?

Like many American Leftists, I am guessing that Al forms his political
opinions more around how things make him "feel" than anything logical.
An effeminate drama-teacher, using your words, probably does not give him as
many negative feelings as a tenacious American leader who does not share his
leftist ideas.

* SLMR 2.1a * Life after death - is that Terminate and Stay Resident?
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 13:08
Re: Trump the assasin
> DS> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

> Whats almost always ignored in these little gaslight stories in the media
> that get blown up into a national crisis, is that if a person fucks around
and
> breaks the law, that person will be in trouble.

Sometimes it is not ignored but is somehow accepted and/or downplayed.

> If that person does not enjoy interactions with the police because its
> dangerous due to one's criminal history, skin colour or ethnicity how's about
> staying out of trouble in the first place... like the other 95 some odd
> percent of others of the same colour/ethnicity who work hard in life, are
> humble and want the police to do their job to protect and serve.

Most all of the recent interactions that have gone wrong have had a lot
more to do with criminal history, or associating with known dangerous
criminals, than any of the other reasons. Now, the ones that actually made
the press may have done so because of the other things you have listed.

* SLMR 2.1a * Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 17:45
Re: Trump the assasin
On 11 Oct 20 11:08:00, Mike Powell said the following to Nick Andre:

MP> Most all of the recent interactions that have gone wrong have had a lot
MP> more to do with criminal history, or associating with known dangerous
MP> criminals, than any of the other reasons. Now, the ones that actually made
MP> the press may have done so because of the other things you have listed.

I guess I was taught at a young age that if you're looking for trouble, you'll
find it. Don't associate with others looking for trouble. Stay away from the
BS and respect the police who have a tough job... they have families too.

What is so alarming is that the BLM website's mission statement made it clear
they wanted to dismantled the nuclear family structure. Its that structure
that keeps kids disciplined to respect themselves and others. Instead they
want that "village raising a child" crap as a way to shift the focus away from
the high numbers of single-mother households.

I'm soooooo sick of this Floyd martyr and others that are getting the constant
hero treatment by the media because something bad happened to them while
dealing with the police. It really is setting such a dangerous precedent; that
the criminal gets pampered with affection while the cop takes all the crap.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 18:26
Re: Trump the assasin
DS> They will stop looking at skin color when the bad cops stop looking at
DS> their skin color.

Cops kill people of all colors.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 19:21
Re: Trump the assasin
DS> In other words, Floyd's death was the result of an accusation of cashing
DS> a $20 bill believed to be counterfeit by a store employee. Even if
DS> true, that was at most a misdemeanor offense on its face. The officer
DS> could have easily given him a court appearance ticket and let him go for
DS> such a minor offense.

What you're saying almost sounds reasonable, but you're wrong to say his
"death was the result of an accusation;" you're making it sound like the cop
did it to punish Floyd for his counterfeit scheme. However, he was actually
punishing Floyd for resisting arrest.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/4/george-floyd-resisting-officer
s-leaked-police-body/

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 17:10
Re: Trump the assasin
>> I'm not screwed at all. If someone is getting screwed they might want to
>> make changes.

> From what I can see, the USA is heading towards a low level civil war. Not
> fun, is it?

No, it's not pretty.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.10.20 17:19
Re: Trump the assasin
>> Police departments have to recognize "bad" behaviour for what it is and dea
>> with it in a way that it can be kept out of the departments before trouble
>> hits. The same with the justice system. If police departments and the justi
>> system can't / won't / don't do that then we continue like this.
>>
>> That won't be a quick and easy process.

> It's a process that's already been done quickly and easily.

I think it has started and I hope it will continue.

> Like with the Chauvin case, you know those police had bodycams. The boycams
> are what would lead to the ultimate arrest of Chauvin.

Yes, bodycam footage could convict or exonerate if it is on and the footage is
usaable.

> Police should be required to wear the bodycam in all police departments, but
> that's not the case just yet. Police without bodycams will need to be awarded
> some serious grant money to pay for them, but these Democrats who now say
> that they're "not for defunding police" should agree with me and help get
> police the funding they need for bodycams. One in a while, we need to be
> grateful for the sacrifices that police make and do things to protect them
> also.

In all this talk of police misconduct and killing it has to be said that most
police offices are good people who do their best to do what is right. Those bad
apples can make the department look bad.

We need to get those bad apples out and support the good ones.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.10.20 00:54
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> On 10-11-20 03:08, Nick Andre <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Trump the assasin <=-

NA> On 11 Oct 20 01:05:04, Dale Shipp said the following to Aaron
NA> Thomas:
DS> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

NA> Whats almost always ignored in these little gaslight stories in the
NA> media that get blown up into a national crisis, is that if a person
NA> fucks around and breaks the law, that person will be in trouble.

It is not clear that George Floyd broke any laws. It was alleged that
he passed a counterfeit $20 bill. Even if that is true, it is not a
crime until it is proven that he knew it was counterfeit.

NA> If that person does not enjoy interactions with the police because its
NA> dangerous due to one's criminal history, skin colour or ethnicity
NA> how's about staying out of trouble in the first place... like the other

Sometimes trouble comes looking for people through no fault of their
own.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 22:57:17, 11 Oct 2020

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.10.20 01:42
Re: Trump the assasin
-=> On 10-11-20 10:14, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Trump the assasin <=-

DS> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

GD> You're leaving out several parts. Parts that prove Floyd was not a
GD> good man.

Not relevant -- and according to reports, no longer the case.

GD> No he did not deserve to die with a officer on his neck,
GD> but that does not mean
GD> that Police Departments need to de-funded across America or even in
GD> the next town from where this took place.

What it means is that attention need to be made to bad practices by some
police officers, and the ability to correct those practices.

GD> Who goes into a store pays with fake money - that is stealing.

That is not an accurate statement. You are assuming that George knew
the bill was fake.

GD> Floyd would still be alive today if he simply got into the Police car
GD> and then had his day in court, many people of color would still be
GD> alive today if they made this decision that I am suggesting.

Floyd would still be alive today if he had simply been given a bench
warrent -- appropriate for a minor offense which this was *at the most*.

Floyd would still be alive today if the police had honored his statement
about being crammed into the back seat of a squad car and instead
brought a police van to transport him.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:04:32, 11 Oct 2020