Fidonet Portal

From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: All
Date: Wed, 07.10.20 00:51
Slackware 15.0
Hello Benny!

06 Oct 20, Benny Pedersen wrote to Kai Richter:

KR>> HTML will need multiple bytes to define a symbol.

BP> same as unicode when its 8 bit charters

You got the point. You will have multibytes in unicode and multibytes plus
html<tags> around it.

BP> programmers dont understand double encodeing problems

You can't blame a standard for that. There will be programmers that don't
understand html too.

KR>> the software must know which symbol have to be displayed for that
KR> KR>> multibyte sequence.

BP> and unicode solve that much better then html, hmm

I never said that. You must have the multibyte sequence to define the symbol.
Why adding memory space and cpu requiring htmltags around it? I don't see the
advantage.

Regards

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7