Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (2:240/1120.976)
To: All
Date: Fri, 18.09.20 22:54
Notorious RBG - RIP
Hello, Aaron Thomas.
On 9/18/20 9:27 PM you wrote:

AT> Ruth Bader Ginsburg died today, I just read. I wish her family the
AT> best.

Cancer sucks. I don't care where you are on the political spectrum.

AT> But I also wonder what does this mean for her spot in the Supreme
AT> Court? Does this give Trump yet another opportunity to fill a
AT> seat before the end of his term?

Generally, this close to an election, the trend was to wait until after to fill
the seat.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 00:15
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
CP> Generally, this close to an election, the trend was to wait until after to
CP> fill the seat.

I read that, and that was the case when Obama was president, but now it's up
to Trump & McConnel, and it looks like we're gonna go ahead & take a stand for
the unborn.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 01:19
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
On 18 Sep 20 21:27, Aaron Thomas said the following to All:

AT> But I also wonder what does this mean for her spot in the Supreme Court? Do
AT> this give Trump yet another opportunity to fill a seat before the end of hi
AT> term?

Lets hope Trump *doesn't* ponder or attempt to fill RBG's spot, at least now
now.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 11:59
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
NA> Lets hope Trump *doesn't* ponder or attempt to fill RBG's spot, at least no
NA> now.

Why not? More Republicans in the supreme court makes us stronger.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 22:39
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> Trump will nominate a new justice.
LL> Moscow Mitch will grant him/her a hearing,
LL> and a vote. The only question being will
LL> this be before, or after, the election.

Mitch will probably move pretty fast for a conservative cause, and I would
expect nothing less from him.

It's like this, Lee,

If the democrats weren't so unfair with us, we'd have no reason to rush the
nomination, but since radical democrats have caused all this hurt and neglect,
we (Republicans) are out for blood! When
a dictatorlike governor starts telling me that it's no longer a jailable
offense to rob people, I am ready to take hostages (joking) to the polls to
fix this crap.

Previosly, I'd give a Democrat a break for some garbage policy, but now
they have destroyed my state. I just bought an awesome house here 3 years ago,
but I only wish I could pack it up and move it to a state that jails people!

Just wait until your Democrats start doing this horrible crap that they're
doing here. Don't hesitate to feed them to the gators once they close down
your jails.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 22:47
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> Nothing. The USSC could have overturned Roe V. Wade long ago
LL> had it wanted to. But Republicans wanted to keep the status quo,
LL> in order to use the issue of abortion as a political weapon.

Unfortunately, I see the need for taking measures like that.

LL> Being pro-life means from the moment of conception and throughout
LL> life to the time of natural death. I do not see many of those so-called
LL> "pro-life" folks calling for an end to the death penalty, or for all
LL> people to have access to quality health care.

Then, Republicans have a different definition of the term because we want
protection for the unborn and we want to revoke protection for the already
born.

The health care is less of a concern when democrats have us sleeping with our
eyes open with all their protections for violent, horrible people.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 22:55
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> I am sure the Democrats will pull out all the stops to keep Trump's
LL> nominee from being confirmed. And I am also sure Trump will also get
LL> his way. Howeveer, once Joe Biden takes the oath of office it is
LL> going to be a whole new ball game. Just think how much fun he will
LL> be having naming at least four new justices to the Supreme Court -
LL> and that is just in his first month in office.

I can't help it - Democrats have made things lousier than they needed to be
for us since day one of Trump's administration. They have never offered to do
a thing for anyone, including people affected by coronavirus. I'm not insane,
and all I see the Democrats doing is spreading fear and false narratives.

Where's my 2nd stimlus check? Or, if it's going to local governments, then
where's my county's 2nd stimulus check? Oh, the Democrats who love and care
about their residents so much, said that they're not willing to make Trump
look good 2 months away from election. So better wait for a Biden stimulus,
that way the career politician sounds like a winner in his re-election ads.

If Biden knows black voters the way he thinks he does, then he will be sure to
gaffe up a coronavirus handout to black voters and he will surely make it so
obvious that he's pandering.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 22:59
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> Making him a bona fide liar, given his statement in 2016 denying
LL> President Obama's nominee a vote on the senate floor, as well as

Democrats have made it perfectly clear that they aren't going to allow any
bipartisan success stories until Trump is out of office.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 23:24
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> >Why not? More Republicans in the supreme court makes us stronger.
LL>
LL> A true one-party state.

It's an eye for an eye. Dems are making citizens like me angry. When dems
start taking things from me, it makes me want to take things from them.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Tue, 22.09.20 16:16
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> Moscow Mitch's lie for refusing to allow a hearing or a vote
LL> for a president's nomination for a justice on the USSC has been

Playing fair with Democrats has been canceled for now. Notice that even your
pal Mitt Romney is ready to vote?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 13:45
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
LL> Mitt Romney says he is a Republican. Mitt Romney says he
LL> is a conservative. Mitt Romney has bent his knee to the orange
LL> clown, showing the entire world who is his master.

But wasn't Mitt Romney being good to you when he voted for Trump's impeachment
conviction? And now he's back to being a lousy butt sniffer?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Fri, 25.09.20 23:52
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
On 09-18-20, NICK ANDRE said to AARON THOMAS:

NA>On 18 Sep 20 21:27, Aaron Thomas said the following to All:

AT> But I also wonder what does this mean for her spot in the Supreme Court?
NA>Do AT> this give Trump yet another opportunity to fill a seat before the
NA>end of hi AT> term?

NA>Lets hope Trump *doesn't* ponder or attempt to fill RBG's spot, at least
NA>now now.

Here's hoping Trump's selection to replace RBG gets confirmed and sworn in
within the next 20 days!

Tagline;

"Home schooling in 2020 is going great!

1. A person who teaches is a TEACHER!

2. A machine that computes is a COMPUTER!

3. A person not loyal to their country is a DEMOCRAT!"

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.09.20 17:30
Re: Notorious RBG - RIP
On 24 Sep 2020, Lee Lofaso said the following...

LL> Hello Aaron,
LL>
LL> >LL>Mitt Romney says he is a Republican. Mitt Romney says he
LL> >LL>is a conservative. Mitt Romney has bent his knee to the orange
LL> >LL>clown, showing the entire world who is his master.
LL> >
LL> >But wasn't Mitt Romney being good to you when he voted for Trump's
LL> > impeachment conviction?
LL>
LL> Trump was already impeached by the House.

Yes and he was also acquitted also.

LL> Romney merely winked in approval, as his Republican
LL> colleagues already had enough votes to keep the clown
LL> in office.
LL>
LL> >And now he's back to being a lousy butt sniffer?
LL>
LL> Same as his Republican colleagues.
Romney is no fool, he can see of what is about to happen when Trump is elected
again and the American people vote to take the house from the dems, and hand
it over to Republican control.

/ 00????00'-????00???00?٨???00??00?٨???00?00?٨????00????????00????

* Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)