Fidonet Portal

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/189.1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 23.08.20 20:39
Terminate and Error 200
Hello everybody.

I was playing around with a FreeDOS VM, and downloaded Terminate 5.00 to use on
it.

When I try to run INSTALL.EXE, I get the classic Error 200 from Pascal.

Tried to use the TPPatch.exe and nothing... Should I decompress the .EXE file,
patch it and compress it again?

Flavio

... "Nao, nao e' so moreia. Piranha tambem tem dente." - Cris
--- MacFidoIP 1.0 (OSX)
* Origin: Hyperion's Orbit - Resisting since 1995! (4:801/189.1)

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 23.08.20 17:48
Re: Terminate and Error 200
RE: Re: Terminate and Error 200
BY: Flavio Bessa(4:801/189.1)

FB> Tried to use the TPPatch.exe and nothing... Should I decompress the .EXE
FB> file, patch it and compress it again?
Decompressing would help usually.

--- WWIV 5.5.0.3230
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:23 (1:218/109)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 23.08.20 22:41
Re: Terminate and Error 200
-=> Flavio Bessa wrote to All <=-

FB> I was playing around with a FreeDOS VM, and downloaded Terminate
FB> 5.00 to use on it.

FB> When I try to run INSTALL.EXE, I get the classic Error 200 from
FB> Pascal.

FB> Tried to use the TPPatch.exe and nothing... Should I decompress
FB> the .EXE file, patch it and compress it again?

I've always used something called PATCHCRT.EXE ...

It is available here:

https://www.pcmicro.com/elebbs/faq/rte200.html

... Daddy, what does "now formatting drive C:" mean?
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)

From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 23.08.20 23:03
Re: Terminate and Error 200
>I was playing around with a FreeDOS VM, and downloaded Terminate 5.00 to use
>on it.
>
>When I try to run INSTALL.EXE, I get the classic Error 200 from Pascal.
>
>Tried to use the TPPatch.exe and nothing... Should I decompress the .EXE fil
>
>patch it and compress it again?

Uncompress, get and use PATCHCRT and leave it as it is. No need to
recompress.

--- ViaMAIL!/SL v2.00
* Origin: ViaMAIL! - Fully Integrated Front End Mailer (1:261/20)