Fidonet Portal

From: rbernardo@iglou.com (2:221/1.10)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 07.07.20 01:44
Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, July 11 (cancelled)
Happy summer, C= and Ami comrades,
The July 11 meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
is cancelled, due to the on-going pandemic and restrictions at our venue,
Panera Bread Restaurant in Northridge, CA.
In the meantime, I encourage all to check out the the Kickstarter for a
new book from David Pleasance and Trevor Dickinson, entitled "From Vultures to
Vampires". This book will fill in the period from the demise of Commodore
Business Machines to
today's Next Generation Amiga computers. The deadline for the Kickstarter is
July 19, and you can find it at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469255657/from-vultures-to-vampires

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

---
* Origin: rbb soupgate, the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/1.10)

From: Bobbie Sellers (2:221/1.10)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 07.07.20 09:47
Re: Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, July 11 (cancelled)
On 7/6/20 11:44 PM, rbernardo@iglou.com wrote:
> Happy summer, C= and Ami comrades,
> The July 11 meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga
Network is cancelled, due to the on-going pandemic and restrictions at our
venue, Panera Bread Restaurant in Northridge, CA.
> In the meantime, I encourage all to check out the the Kickstarter for a
new book from David Pleasance and Trevor Dickinson, entitled "From Vultures to
Vampires". This book will fill in the period from the demise of Commodore
Business Machines to
today's Next Generation Amiga computers. The deadline for the Kickstarter is
July 19, and you can find it at

> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469255657/from-vultures-to-vampires
>
> Sincerely,
> Robert Bernardo
> Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
> http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

I participated in San Franciso-Linux Users Group meeting on July 5 via
a site called Jitsi Meetings. All it takes is an updated
Chromium or Firefox and other browsers may work if you have a modern
machine with microphone and video.
If the modern Amiga has appropriate tools this would work.
I got a used lightweight Dell E7450 used for <$300 USD to participate
finding an advert. from an individual on Craig's List. You can
probably find a smart(er) phone or Tablet with net connection to
go to the Jitzi URL from a search engine.

bliss- still jonesing for a live meeting in person but
I may not last until that is possible and the Virtual meeting
is better than nothing,,,

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

---
* Origin: rbb soupgate, the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/1.10)

From: rbernardo@iglou.com (2:221/1.10)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 16.07.20 12:04
On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:47:15 AM UTC-4, Bobbie Sellers wrote:

> ...but
> I may not last until that is possible and the Virtual meeting
> is better than nothing,,,

Oh, no! If a vaccine is found, then hopefully our in-person meetings will
begin in early 2021.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

---
* Origin: rbb soupgate, the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/1.10)