Fidonet Portal

From: JIMMY ANDERSON (1:116/17)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 13.06.20 13:27
/Mad Max Fury Road /Top G
-=> August Abolins wrote to Doug Cooper <=-

AA> For action, watching Charlize Theron in "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is
AA> practically non-stop action. The logistics to pull off most of the
AA> stunts looked amazing. I remember needing to pause the film a couple
AA> of times so that I could catch my breath.

Some time ago, I had taken my lunch break and finished up a show or
movie and had a few minutes left, so I thought, "I'll start Fury Road
and when it stops to take a breath I'll stop." Took 35 minutes! LOL

AA> Despite some criticisms I've heard of Tom Cruise in films (eg, the Jack
AA> Reacher ones, and Mission Impossible), I thought he's pretty good wrt
AA> performing his own stunts and as long as he has good lines to read.

Jack Reacher (first one) was a tremendous movie to me! And Edge of Tomorrow
is a HUGE favorite too!!!

... Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
* Origin: Lean Angle BBS * Southaven MS * winserver.org (1:116/17)

From: Doug Cooper (1:227/702)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 15.06.20 00:26
Re: /Mad Max Fury Road /Top G
JA> Jack Reacher (first one) was a tremendous movie to me! And Edge of

Love all the Jack Reachers. Which for some reason reminded me to mention The
Punisher series on Netflix. LOVE the show.

Despite Tom Cruises wierd personal life, I love most of his movies. I
actually like the Mission Impossibles. He never seems to age, that asshole.
I'm really excited to see Top Gun as he's the instructor now, not the top gun
pilot. And the camera shots are apparently from within the cockpits, and the
actors are flying copilot "for real" in the movie. It's killing me waiting
for this movie to release.

I also want to see the new Wonder Woman and the Avenger Chick (Hot chick,
can't rember her name .. Black something .. or Poison something .. I don't
care, just want to see her kick ass.Wink

-d

* Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (1:227/702)

From: JIMMY ANDERSON (1:116/17)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 20.06.20 14:20
Re: /Mad Max Fury Road /T
-=> Doug Cooper wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

JA> Jack Reacher (first one) was a tremendous movie to me! And Edge of

DC> Love all the Jack Reachers. Which for some reason reminded me to
DC> mention The Punisher series on Netflix. LOVE the show.

I started it, but couldn't get into it... Might try again.

DC> Despite Tom Cruises wierd personal life, I love most of his movies. I

I don't pay attention to it. Smile He's an artist, and I like the finished
product.

DC> actually like the Mission Impossibles. He never seems to age, that
DC> asshole. I'm really excited to see Top Gun as he's the instructor now,
DC> not the top gun pilot. And the camera shots are apparently from within
DC> the cockpits, and the actors are flying copilot "for real" in the
DC> movie. It's killing me waiting for this movie to release.

MI series? GREAT stuff!!! Top Gun? Saw the first one when I was in high
school or right after, but wasn't a long time fan.

DC> I also want to see the new Wonder Woman and the Avenger Chick (Hot
DC> chick, can't rember her name .. Black something .. or Poison something
DC> .. I don't care, just want to see her kick ass.Wink

Black Widow. Smile Yeah. And the WW movie looks cool too. Smile

... It it ain't broke, let me have a shot at it.

From: Doug Cooper (1:227/702)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 21.06.20 00:03
Re: /Mad Max Fury Road /T
JA> DC> mention The Punisher series on Netflix. LOVE the show.
JA>
JA> I started it, but couldn't get into it... Might try again.

The Punisher? I'm a huge past time comic book collector and felt that the
Netflix version (Season 1 and 2) best represents the original comics. I love
the characters. It's helpful to also watch Daredevil as the characters go
hand and hand, and Daredevil came out first. The Punishers my FAV comic book
character, second only to the Dark Knight. But, I'm more of a DC comics fan,
so yeah, the new WW I'll be watching as soon as it's released. The Black
Widow apparently is, but I can't find online where. Marvel has good movies
too, but the Avenger Series is hard for me to get into for some reason; as
was the Fantastic 4. Although, I loved Thor.

JA> I don't pay attention to it. Smile He's an artist, and I like the finished
JA> product.

Agreed. I'm not a star struck type of person. I don't follow their personal
lives. Tom Cruises is a bit in the spotlight, or was during both of his
divorces. It seems he's a pretty diffcult person to live with due to his
Christian Science involvement. But I love his movies.

I was a big fan of Top Gun, the first one, when it came out in highschool.
I'm not sure I remember the 2nd, if there was one. But this particular one
looks incredibly well done. If you haven't already, watch the trailers on
YouTube. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully won't be let down. The
last movie I was really excited about was any of the Dark Knights; and for
both, not the specific titles or characters, but because of how well the
trailers portrayed them written -- and to me, didn't let down.

-tG

* Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (1:227/702)