Fidonet Portal

From: Robert Wolfe (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 05.09.19 11:44
OpenVPN
From: robert.wolfe@winserver.org (Robert Wolfe)

Hi all! I was wondering if someone had ported OpenVPN to OS/2 yet and
if so, where one may be able to get a copy as I would like to try that
out with the VyprVPN service from GigaNews.

.... May we kiss those we please, and please those we kiss.
--- MultiMail/OS/2 v0.50
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Ken Whiton (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 05.09.19 19:31
Re: OpenVPN
From: Ken Whiton

*-* On Thu, 05 Sep 2019, at 20:44:00 -0500,
*-* In Article ,
*-* Robert Wolfe wrote
*-* About OpenVPN

> Hi all! I was wondering if someone had ported OpenVPN to OS/2 yet
> and if so, where one may be able to get a copy as I would like to
> try that out with the VyprVPN service from GigaNews.

It's not current but a port of it was uploaded to Hobbes in
December, 2006.

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Grant Taylor (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 06.09.19 05:29
Re: OpenVPN
From: Grant Taylor

On 9/5/19 7:44 PM, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> I would like to try that out with the VyprVPN service from GigaNews.

Are you wanting a VPN service — and happen to be trying one from a
Usenet service provider — or encrypted connection to GigaNews — and
looking for encryption to Usenet?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

From: Robert Wolfe (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 07.09.19 09:56
Re: OpenVPN
From: robert.wolfe@wildcat.uuhec.net (Robert Wolfe)

-> From: Grant Taylor
-> Subject: Re: OpenVPN
->
-> Are you wanting a VPN service — and happen to be trying one from a
-> Usenet service provider — or encrypted connection to GigaNews — a
-> looking for encryption to Usenet?

I already subscribe to Giganews and use their VyprVPN service, I would
just like to be able to use it on my ArcaOS VM as well.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Ken Whiton (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 05.09.19 19:31
Re: OpenVPN
From: Ken Whiton <kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL>

*-* On Thu, 05 Sep 2019, at 20:44:00 -0500,
*-* In Article <1567734303.120.0@winserver.org>,
*-* Robert Wolfe wrote
*-* About OpenVPN

> Hi all! I was wondering if someone had ported OpenVPN to OS/2 yet
> and if so, where one may be able to get a copy as I would like to
> try that out with the VyprVPN service from GigaNews.

It's not current but a port of it was uploaded to Hobbes in
December, 2006.

<http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/network/tcpip/openvpn.zip>;
<ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/network/tcpip/openvpn.zip>;

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2