Fidonet Portal

From: Giulia (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Mon, 09.09.19 08:12
ultimail lite mail export....
From: Giulia

Hi,
i need to import old ultimail mail 2 thunderbird , i have mailstore folder with
all mail in Mime Format does someone know how to proceed ?

Thank
Giulia
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Robert Wolfe (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.09.19 23:31
Re: ultimail lite mail export
From: robert.wolfe@wildcat.uuhec.net (Robert Wolfe)

-> From: Giulia
-> Subject: ultimail lite mail export....
->
-> Hi,
-> i need to import old ultimail mail 2 thunderbird , i have mailstore
-> folder with all mail in Mime Format does someone know how to proceed

Has a Google search turned up anything helpful?
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Giulia (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 14.09.19 06:13
Re: ultimail lite mail export
From: giulia

Robert Wolfe ha scritto:
> -> From: Giulia
> -> Subject: ultimail lite mail export....
> ->
> -> Hi,
> -> i need to import old ultimail mail 2 thunderbird , i have mailstore
> -> folder with all mail in Mime Format does someone know how to proceed
>
> Has a Google search turned up anything helpful?

At first i try to use virtualbox os/2 image but ultimail lite/2 is difficult to
find online,
i have original 2.1 3.0 4.0 cd + bonuspack..... should be there........i'm too
lazy to search.

In the end i write a little c program following the sageconv.cmd rexx utility,
is quite straight forward because ultimail use a MIME like format with header
in a file
and body text/attachments in different files referenced by header.

Reference in header is codepage 437 and name in filesystem is UTF-8 (in my case
linux mint 19.2) so matching is
bit difficult (I make a pivot table).
Attachment file is simpler because you can open it directly.

I put all piece toghether and import them in seamoneky with importexporttool as
mail message.

Giulia

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Robert Wolfe (1:396/4)