Fidonet Portal

From: Mat Nieuwenhoven (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 19:26
Forgot lan/peer password
From: "Mat Nieuwenhoven" <mnieuw@dontincludethis.zap.a2000.nl>

Hi,

I forgot the admin password for peer on an eCS 2.1 machine. Users are
stored in
\ibmlan\accounts\net.acc .

Is there any way to gain access again, e.g. replace that net.acc with
one from somewhere else (install CD maybe?Wink. Or is there a way to reset
the password? Both of course while booting from another partition/disk.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: fritz chwolka (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 19:26
Re: Forgot lan/peer password
From: fritz chwolka <fritz_chwolka@t-online.de>

Am 26.01.2017 um 12:00 schrieb Mat Nieuwenhoven:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot the admin password for peer on an eCS 2.1 machine. Users are
> stored in
> \ibmlan\accounts\net.acc .
>
> Is there any way to gain access again, e.g. replace that net.acc with
> one from somewhere else (install CD maybe?Wink. Or is there a way to reset
> the password? Both of course while booting from another partition/disk.
>
> Mat Nieuwenhoven

Hi mat,

If you start your ecs in console mode (hit Alt-F1 during start)
you can delete net.acc.

I have filecomander FC2 in a well known path and use it if console login
needed.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/shell/fc2_240.zip
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/shell/fc2wps.zip

You find the net.acc at:

$:\IBMLAN\ACOUNTS\NET.ACC this is the running version
$:\IBMLAN\INSTALL\NETACC

I believe you can copy from INSTALL to ACOUNTS but please make a backup
of them. If you start with deletet net.acc OS/2 may copy net.acc by
himselve.

/-------------------------------------------------------
=> From my history

1. Reboot and when the "OS/2" message appears, press Alt-F1.
2. Drop to the command prompt (use original CONFIG.SYS).
3. Replace C:\IBMLAN\ACCOUNTS\NET.ACC with C:\IBMLAN\INSTALL\NET.ACC.
4. Reboot.
5. After Peer has been started, log on using USERID/PASSWORD and you'll
have access to Peer again as administrator.

Best Regards

fritz
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Andi B. (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 19:26
Re: Forgot lan/peer password
From: "Andi B." <andi.b@gmx.net>

Mat Nieuwenhoven schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot the admin password for peer on an eCS 2.1 machine. Users are
> stored in
> \ibmlan\accounts\net.acc .
>
> Is there any way to gain access again, e.g. replace that net.acc with
> one from somewhere else (install CD maybe?Wink. Or is there a way to reset
> the password? Both of course while booting from another partition/disk.
>
> Mat Nieuwenhoven

USERID and PASSWORD does not work? Or was it USER / PASSWORD? IIRC for
the German version BENUTZER / PASSWORT does work too.

Regards, Andi
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Mat Nieuwenhoven (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 19:26
Re: Forgot lan/peer password
From: "Mat Nieuwenhoven" <mnieuw@dontincludethis.zap.a2000.nl>

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:13:56 +0100, fritz chwolka wrote:

:>Am 26.01.2017 um 12:00 schrieb Mat Nieuwenhoven:
:>> Hi,
:>>
:>> I forgot the admin password for peer on an eCS 2.1 machine. Users are
:>> stored in
:>> \ibmlan\accounts\net.acc .
:>>
:>> Is there any way to gain access again, e.g. replace that net.acc with
:>> one from somewhere else (install CD maybe?Wink. Or is there a way to reset
:>> the password? Both of course while booting from another partition/disk.
:>>
:>> Mat Nieuwenhoven
:>>
:>>
:>
:>Hi mat,
:>
:>If you start your ecs in console mode (hit Alt-F1 during start)
:>you can delete net.acc.
:>
:>I have filecomander FC2 in a well known path and use it if console login
:>needed.
:>
:>http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/shell/fc2_240.zip
:>http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/shell/fc2wps.zip
:>
:>You find the net.acc at:
:>
:>$:\IBMLAN\ACOUNTS\NET.ACC this is the running version
:>$:\IBMLAN\INSTALL\NETACC
:>
:>I believe you can copy from INSTALL to ACOUNTS but please make a backup
:>of them. If you start with deletet net.acc OS/2 may copy net.acc by
:>himselve.
:>
:>/-------------------------------------------------------
:>=> From my history
:>
:>1. Reboot and when the "OS/2" message appears, press Alt-F1.
:>2. Drop to the command prompt (use original CONFIG.SYS).
:>3. Replace C:\IBMLAN\ACCOUNTS\NET.ACC with C:\IBMLAN\INSTALL\NET.ACC.
:>4. Reboot.
:>5. After Peer has been started, log on using USERID/PASSWORD and you'll
:>have access to Peer again as administrator.

Thanks, Copying the original NET.ACC over the existing one and logging
in with USERID/PASSWORD did the trick.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Mat Nieuwenhoven (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 19:26
Re: Forgot lan/peer password
From: "Mat Nieuwenhoven" <mnieuw@dontincludethis.zap.a2000.nl>

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 17:01:40 +0100, Andi B. wrote:

:>Mat Nieuwenhoven schrieb:
:>> Hi,
:>>
:>> I forgot the admin password for peer on an eCS 2.1 machine. Users are
:>> stored in
:>> \ibmlan\accounts\net.acc .
:>>
:>> Is there any way to gain access again, e.g. replace that net.acc with
:>> one from somewhere else (install CD maybe?Wink. Or is there a way to reset
:>> the password? Both of course while booting from another partition/disk.
:>>
:>> Mat Nieuwenhoven
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>USERID and PASSWORD does not work? Or was it USER / PASSWORD? IIRC for
:>the German version BENUTZER / PASSWORT does work too.

I had made another name admin, and forgot that password. Restoring
net.acc to the install one and using userid/password did the trick, I'm
in again.

Thanks, Mat Nieuwenhoven

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2