Fidonet Portal

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
MINSTALL Crash: ESS1868 with Warp3 FP42
From: Marcel Mueller <news.5.maazl@spamgourmet.org>

Any idea how to get an ESS 1868 ISA sound card working with OS/2 Warp 3?
I tried different driver versions, but the installation program minstall
crashes with a popuplog entry:

10-25-2014 14:10:04 SYS3175 PID 0063 TID 0001 Slot 005c
C:\MMOS2\MINSTALL.EXE
c0000005
1bd12b09
P1=00000000 P2=ffffffff P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX 50534d EBX=16307d1c ECX=1630a28c EDX=1631c558
ESI=000738e4 EDI=16307d54
DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=1fffffff
ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=1fffffff
FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1bd12b09 CSACC=d0df CSLIM=1fffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00073470 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=1fffffff
EBP=000735a4 FLG=00012246

PMMERGE.DLL 0004:00012b09

A working MMPM2.INI for this device might be sufficient. Then I can
adjust the CONFIG.SYS by hand.
AFAIR this card already worked several years ago but I have no working
configuration anymore.

Marcel
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Andreas Kohl (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: MINSTALL Crash: ESS1868 with Warp3 FP42
From: Andreas Kohl <ak120@arcor.de>

You need to move the MINSTALL window out of visable area of your screen,
before pressing ok.

Andreas
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2