Fidonet Portal

From: Alex Taylor (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.06.20 02:33
Imposter (Re: [FUD] Dodel's VOICE! VOTED Worst OS/2 Website Ever!)
From: Alex Taylor <mail.me@reply.to.address>

NOTE: it's against my policy to follow up to a troll-initiated thread,
but I thought I should clear up some apparent misunderstanding about the
original poster. He is an imposter. See below...

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:58:55 +1000, Peter Moylan <peter@DIESPAMMERSozebelg.org>
wrote:
>> eCS-OS2.ORG is advocating all remaining OS/2 users walk away from
>> fanatics like Mark Dodel and those behind the ridiculous VOICE!.ORG
>> website and move to more viable operating systems.
>
> This is a very good imitation of a Tim Martin posting. Are you a TM sock
> puppet, or part of his team, or simply someone who has lost all of his
> marbles?
>
> I hadn't gotten around to looking at your web site. Now that I know that
> it's being run by a crank, I won't bother.

It probably is TM. I think it's safe to conclude that the original
poster, of this and the other messages in the same vein from today, was
-not- Jeramie Samphere. Consider:

* The originating IP address was totally different from Jeramie's usual
posts.

* The user-agent was running on an Intel Mac (Jeramie typically posts from
an OS/2 system).

* There's absolutely no mention of shutting down OS2eCS.org on said
website.

* The subject matter and tone of voice should be a pretty obvious
differentiator. Unfortunate as the recent VOICE-OS2eCS dispute may be,
Jeramie has never posted profanity-laced troll messages. He's also
quite firmly dedicated to advancing OS/2-eComStation, and would hardly
start sending out rants telling everyone to switch to Macs or Linux.

* The poster signed himself as "Jeramie Shmear".

Conclusion: This is a troll. Don't feed it.

This will be my only posting in this thread.
--
Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2