Fidonet Portal

From: Peter Moylan (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.06.20 19:58
Re: [FUD] Dodel's VOICE! VOTED Worst OS/2 Website Ever!
From: Peter Moylan <peter@DIESPAMMERSozebelg.org>

eCSRuleZ@OS2VOICE.ORG wrote:

> eCS-OS2.ORG is advocating all remaining OS/2 users walk away from
> fanatics like Mark Dodel and those behind the ridiculous VOICE!.ORG
> website and move to more viable operating systems. We suggest, for
> those on the low ecomonic scale, a move to any of the wonderful and
> many Linux flavors available for free. And for those with
> professional lives, cash in the bank and sizeable career incomes try
> Apple's Mac and OSX!

This is a very good imitation of a Tim Martin posting. Are you a TM sock
puppet, or part of his team, or simply someone who has lost all of his
marbles?

I hadn't gotten around to looking at your web site. Now that I know that
it's being run by a crank, I won't bother.

It's a pity that we're losing web sites with useful information.
Luckily, we still have the VOICE newsletter, which for a long time now
has been the best source of OS/2 and eCS information around.

--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org

Please note the changed e-mail and web addresses. The domain
eepjm.newcastle.edu.au no longer exists, and I can no longer
reliably receive mail at my newcastle.edu.au addresses.
The optusnet address still has about 2 months of life left.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Peter Moylan (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.06.20 20:06
Re: [FUD] Dodel's VOICE! VOTED Worst OS/2 Website Ever!
From: Peter Moylan <peter@DIESPAMMERSozebelg.org>

Peter Moylan wrote:
> [Response to a provocative posting]

I have to apologise for deleting two newsgroups when I responded. I have
no regrets over deleting the "advocacy" group, since that only attracts
the cranks, but I am sincerely sorry for cutting out the "ecomstation"
group. The reason for this is that my ISP refuses it carry it on its
news server. It is my intention to change ISPs after my current contract
period expires.

From: Wayne (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.06.20 18:12
Re: [FUD] Dodel's VOICE! VOTED Worst OS/2 Website Ever!
From: Wayne <rondonjin@yahoo.com>

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:58:55 +1000, Peter Moylan wrote:

> This is a very good imitation of a Tim Martin posting. Are you a TM sock
> puppet, or part of his team, or simply someone who has lost all of his
> marbles?
>
> I hadn't gotten around to looking at your web site. Now that I know that
> it's being run by a crank, I won't bother.
>
> It's a pity that we're losing web sites with useful information. Luckily,
> we still have the VOICE newsletter, which for a long time now has been the
> best source of OS/2 and eCS information around.

This probably is TM, it's not Jeremie. Look at the headers, it's being
posted from a Mac and a GMail account and we all know who recently
switched!

Wayne
--
Registered Linux user #375994