Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Mon, 20.05.19 12:34
Anyone?
CS>Hi Daryl,

Hi, Carol...

CS>I have progressive DD. If you'd like to chat on what to expect and how to
CS>keepit under control (reason for this echo was that type of thing), I'm up f
CS>it.

Well, when they diagnosed me with it (on a CT scan, checking for
something else), I reasoned "they shouldn't take away my disability
now". I have a hard time sitting at the computer for a long
time...whether for the BBS, ham radio, or other stuff. I also can't
stand for a long period of time...either at the sink, the toilet, the
stove, or in the shower, as my legs will spasm on me. Even though I've
lost 60 pounds since August, by only eating one meal (I can't afford
more than lunch meat sandwiches, and I'm burned out on them), and many
days, I don't even get 500 calories...not even 25% of the recommended
daily allowance.

CS>First thing is check the chair you use. Is it fitted for YOUR frame to be
CS>properly ergonomic for YOUR condition? This is the one workplace accomodati
CS>I need and was not bashful about as a contractor and later a government
CS>civilian. (I'm a 26 uyear retired Navy E8).

First, thank you for your service. Smile My late father served in the US
Navy Submarine Service during World War II, and was in the Naval Reserve
until he retired as an E-9 Master Chief Quartermaster 20 years before he
died from pancreatic cancer. My wife died not 3 months after he passed
on.

Second, there's a swivel chair in the back bedroom (I'm back at my
Mom's place, now mine, as she's dying in a nursing home east of Little
Rock)...but I'm in one of those steady metal chairs here at the BBS
computer. I only check her computer occasionally for software updates.
Otherwise, the computer for the BBS and ham radio tasks, plus my laptop,
are in the front room. It's rather cramped in here, but there's nothing
I can do about it.

Daryl

===

--- SBBSecho 3.07-Win32
* Origin: FIDONet: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)