Fidonet Portal

From: Dave Drum (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Thu, 21.03.19 07:01
St. Basil 02
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Basil Pesto
Categories: Sauces, Herbs, Cheese, Nuts, Citrus
Yield: 16 Servings

2 tb Pine nuts; toasted
2 lg Garlic cloves
2 3/4 c Fresh basil leaves
2 tb Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 ts Lemon juice
3 tb Extra-virgin olive oil

Drop pine nuts and garlic through food chute with food
processor on, and process until minced. Add basil, cheese,
and lemon juice; process until finely minced. With
processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process
until well-blended. Spoon into a zip-top heavy-duty
plastic bag; store in refrigerator.

Yield: 1 cup (serving size: 1 tablespoon).

Recipe By: Cooking Light, Sept. 1995

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

... If all is not lost, then where is it?
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
* Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: All
Date: Sun, 24.03.19 09:34
Re: St. Basil 02
-=> On 03-23-19 11:53, mark lewis wrote to Mike Powell my system added new message areas which knocked a few QWK areas to a
ml> different area number... dave just didn't catch the change bulletin
ml> which was probably my fault because it is displayed during logon all
ml> the time right now instead of only when new areas have been added...

Hmm, you need to setup static conferences numbers on your QWK hub?

... God is dead. But don't worry - the Virgin Mary is pregnant again.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.51
--- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
* Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: All
Date: Mon, 25.03.19 10:44
Re: St. Basil 02
-=> On 03-24-19 12:57, mark lewis wrote to Tony Langdon i'm not a QWK hub... it was a user uploading QWK mail before checking
ml> that the conference numbers were still accurate for the areas they were
ml> posting in... i don't even know what numbers they have without going
ml> into scfg and wading through all the areas looking specifically for
ml> them...

Ahh, OK, that'll do it too. I've done that to myself by accident a couple of
times lol

ml> static would be good, though... i'm concerned with how they would be
ml> listed on the user's end when i insert new areas into the config in
ml> alphabetical order... then there's the same problem but in reverse when
ml> areas are removed...

I add new areas at the end where possible. I still use dynamic conference
numbers for non networked nets and use static numbers for the QWK networks.

ml> these two problems (above) are one of the main reasons why i much
ml> prefer FTN echotags over QWK area numbers... the numbers can change but
ml> with echotags it doesn't matter what order they are in, the tag is
ml> always used so adding/removing areas doesn't lead to messages being
ml> posted into the wrong areas...

You can set your QWK numbers to be static. And don't use consecutive numbers,
if you want to be able to insert conferences between them.

ml> we probably should move this over to one of the sbbs areas, though...

Feel free to, I am linked up. Smile

... If everything seems to go right, check your zipper.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.51