Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12.73)
To: All
Date: Wed, 15.05.19 14:56
Anyone?
On 2019 May 15 10:20:00, you wrote to STEVEN WOLF:

SW>> What would you consider the status of this particular echo?

DS> From our message traffic, "on life support". Otherwise, "dead". Razz

DS> In the BBS and Network Ads areas over here, I turned DUPLICATE
DS> CHECKING ON, as several systems were posting the same message for their
DS> BBS more than once a day, which obviously means several times a week. I
DS> noted in some echoes, the moderators have noted "no more than 2 postings
DS> of a BBS ad in a 1 week span", but that seems largely ignored.

not "ignored"... simply "unknown" in many cases because they don't/haven't read
the echo rules... they see it is a bot area and set up the bot and likely
never look at it again unless their name is in the To: field but that's hard to
do when they are using a different name for the bot and the bot doesn't have
an account on their system that they actually use to see if there are messages
to the bot...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it
wrong...
... Life is so easy if you just let it.
---
* Origin: (1:3634/12.73)