Fidonet Portal

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 02.02.08 18:57
WIN98SE
A friend of mine requests help with the setup of his recently crashed Win98SE
system. His startup-diskette is defective and I discarded mine when I went to
XP.

Does anyone have such a diskette which I could use?

Undesired answers:

* "You can make one yourself from the CD"
Wrong: this only works when Win98SE is already functioning
* Use a more recent OS
Wrong: for particular reasons Win98SE is required.

\%/@rd

--- lighthouse-dcd.org
* Origin: Many Glacier -o=O=o- Preserve - Protect - Conserve (2:292/854)

From: Kees van Eeten (2:280/5003)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.02.08 19:41
Re: WIN98SE
Ward Dossche wrote:

Hi Ward,

Ik will send you an Image, and tell you how to write it to a floppy.
That can even be done on a XP system ;-)
Just give me one or two days.

Regards,
Kees van Eeten

> A friend of mine requests help with the setup of his recently crashed
> Win98SE system. His startup-diskette is defective and I discarded mine
> when I went to XP.
>
> Does anyone have such a diskette which I could use?
>
> Undesired answers:
>
> * "You can make one yourself from the CD"
> Wrong: this only works when Win98SE is already functioning
> * Use a more recent OS
> Wrong: for particular reasons Win98SE is required.
>
> \%/@rd

--- FidoGate 4.4.10
* Origin: Ddutch (2:280/5003.0)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.02.08 00:02
Re: WIN98SE
Dear All,

WD> A friend of mine requests help with the setup of his recently crashed
WD> Win98SE system. His startup-diskette is defective and I discarded mine
WD> when I went to XP.

I received over 20 methodologies to solve the problem, some of them multiple
times, and was happily surprised by the number of people who chipped-in.

I looked at all the ideas offered and was able to solve my friend's problem. No
need to mention any names, you are "all" thanked.

Great Fido-spirit. Way to go!!

Take care,