Fidonet Portal

From: Ruth Haffly (1:396/45.28)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.12.18 11:36
320 was travel was cr
Hi Nancy,

NB> RH>> of hours. Came home, took it off and had to get off my feet for
NB> RH>> a bit; the knee wasn't strong enough to do anything much. I did
NB> RH>> make sure the perishables got put away before I sat down.
NB> NB>> Good thing... Don't want to push that knee too much at this
NB> NB>> point....

RH> No, it's damaged enough. Don't know, short of a major hit, what could
RH> mess it up more tho.

NB> Too much of the little stuff might be just as bad... cumulative
NB> damage...

True, over the years of on my feet doing this and that, it all adds up.

NB> RH>> We'd like to do it next year but will see how things play out
NB> RH>> over the next few months.
NB> NB>> Lots going on still... Smile

RH> Very much so, but we'll have the new fridge. (G)

NB> Yup, and now you do... Smile

Fridge part is somewhat settled as to what will go where, freezer will
need more work when we get home. I can do that while sitting tho.

NB> NB>> If he's going to have to be doing much care for you those first
NB> NB>> few days, not having to worry about cooking might be a very
NB> NB>> helpful thing... Smile I know it was useful when we got meals
NB> NB>> right after Richard came home from the bypass surgery... Smile

RH> We'll discuss it with the preaching pastor's wife; she organises
RH> things like that. Will have a better feel for what's needed after we
RH> talk to the doctor but I'm sure he would encourage something like that.
RH> Also other people (from other organisations we're in) have offered
RH> help. No Fu's in the area tho.

NB> So you can't have friends bring you in take-out from Fu's... Smile Maybe
NB> from some other favored place, though....? Smile It would be a good
NB> idea to take people up on their offers to help... Smile

We probably will. Did talk to one couple who signed up after they had a
new baby. Said that they got a lot of take out pizza so were glad for
what I sent (forget what it was).

NB> RH>> Some days are like that, others, you have all the time you need
NB> RH>> to cook, eat, clean up.................
NB> NB>> And no rush at all.... Smile And if it takes forever, there's not
NB> NB>> much harm done... (G)

RH> Some days are like that, especially when you get several inches of
RH> snow. (G)

NB> Exactly... Smile

Which is all melted now.

NB> RH>> We got a couple of bags of a salad mix (forgot what type) but
NB> RH>> the package has everything--greens, dressing, etc in it. Just
NB> RH>> combine and eat.
NB> NB>> That's simple enough... Smile

RH> Yes, and now we're eating off of that also. (G)

NB> How providential... Smile

Quite so, actually. Found we didn't like that salad mix as much as we
like some of the other ones. OK, but not great.

---
Catch you later,
Ruth
rchaffly{at}earthlink{dot}net FIDO 1:396/45.28

... 90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

--- PPoint 3.01
* Origin: Sew! That's My Point (1:396/45.28)