Fidonet Portal

From: Ruth Haffly (1:396/45.28)
To: All
Date: Tue, 18.12.18 15:49
Chicken
Hi Dale,

ML> I roasted a chicken the other day and
ML> protected the breast by putting garlic cloves
ML> under the skin. It was close to perfect, too,
ML> with the meat just pink when I took the bird out
ML> of the oven and just white when the time came to
ML> serve. The delicate garlic perfume made the
ML> white meat rather tasty.

RH> Sounds good. I'm not adverse to the use of garlic, just never tried
RH> putting it under chicken skin--yet.

DS> You could also stick a lemon and some oregano inside the chicken.
DS> That sort of approaches a Greek style.

Our choice is either an apple or an onion. With the latter or sometimes
with other herbs, we will also add a sprig of fresh rosemary. Our
chickens are sometimes done on a rotisserie over charcoal, sometimes
baked in an oven or sometimes smoked. The method of cooking depends on
the time available and the weather--heavy rain or snow, we do it inside.
Light rain or none, usually outside.

---
Catch you later,
Ruth
rchaffly{at}earthlink{dot}net FIDO 1:396/45.28

... It works! Now, if only I could remember what I did.

--- PPoint 3.01
* Origin: Sew! That's My Point (1:396/45.28)