Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 29.12.21 13:19
Bad news
In two days, I'll be taking down all of the servers here at FileGate.net
permanently.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you folks more notice, I'm sure some of you will
understand how 'End of the Year' surprises can affect your life and activities.

Stay well,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Daryl Stout (1:2320/33)
To: All
Date: Wed, 29.12.21 17:47
Re: Bad news
Janis,

JK> I'm sorry I couldn't give you folks more notice, I'm sure some of you
JK> will understand how 'End of the Year' surprises can affect your life
JK> and activities.

Bummer...but after all, this is a hobby.

Daryl

... I came out of the closet...only because it was dark in there.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:2320/33)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Thu, 30.12.21 12:13
Re: Bad news
Hi Janis,

On 2021-12-29 13:19:36, you wrote to All:

JK> In two days, I'll be taking down all of the servers here at
JK> FileGate.net permanently.

I'm sorry to see you go Janis...

JK> I'm sure some of you will understand how 'End of the Year' surprises
JK> can affect your life and activities.

That's rather vague, speculations are already making the rounds... :-/

JK> I'm sorry I couldn't give you folks more notice,

I heard some people are already trying to miror your filegate website, I don't
know if they will succeed before the deadline. Personally I don't care about
for instance all the Nasa files, but it would be a pity if your archive of all
the fidonet stuff (software, text files, etc ...Wink got lost! It's a great piece
of Fidonet history...

Bye, Wilfred.
--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:275/99)
To: All
Date: Fri, 31.12.21 00:35
Re: Bad news
JK> In two days, I'll be taking down all of the servers here at FileGate.net
JK> permanently.

Are you going to take your BBS down?

I hope not - but if you are, let me know if you're interested in selling your
BBBS license (or if that is possible.Wink I like BBBS and I want to switch to it,
but they charge too much for a license.
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
* Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)

From: Mick Manning (1:249/307)
To: All
Date: Thu, 30.12.21 20:57
Re: Bad news
I hope you read this. You were the reason I got back into this little hobby a
few years back. I started up wih a BBS way back in the eighty's and wanted to
live that part of life again. I'd forgotten most of what I knew and looked to
you to get 'started' fresh and you led me in the right direction.

It hasn't been what I remember, but I appreciated your help. Thank you.

Best wishes, and come back soon (when your ready)

Mick Manning
-(< Central Ontario Remote BBS >)-
-(> centralontarioremote.com:2323 >)-

... Don't diet, download a virus to remove the FAT.
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Central Ontario Remote BBS (1:249/307)

From: Alejandro Filimonchuk (4:900/102)
To: All
Date: Mon, 03.01.22 00:31
Re: Bad news
Best wishes, Janis. Thanks for all you did for FidoNet. Hope to see you soon!

|05//thevaultbbs.ddns.net:2323//Easy and clean board//
|03--._._.-_.-Epimundo in Text Mode HQ!-._-._._.--
* Origin: The Vault BBS (4:900/102)