Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Wed, 05.01.22 15:20
List of IPv6 nodes
Hi Michiel!

05 Jan 2022 13:41, from Michiel van der Vlist -> Anna Christina Nass:

MV> I never understood why providers still issue dynamic adresses to their
MV> customers.

Same here.
But I learned something.
It seems many customers see that as a privacy enhancing thing.
Also some services use the IP to meter free usage.
I have heared of people that reboot their modem to get a new IP and start with
0 MB downlaoded all over ;)

CU, Ricsi

... Wisdom has two parts: 1) Having a lot to say. 2) Not saying it.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: I post, therefore I am. (2:310/31)