Fidonet Portal

From: David Drummond (3:640/305)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.07.17 18:30
How Australia sees the USA today.
By political editor Chris Uhlmann

The G20 became the G19 as it ended. On the Paris climate accords the United
States was left isolated and friendless.

It is, apparently, where this US President wants to be as he seeks to turn his
nation inward.

Donald Trump has a particular, and limited, skill-set. He has correctly
identified an illness at the heart of the Western democracy. But he has no cure
for it and seems to just want to exploit it.

He is a character drawn from America's wild west, a travelling medicine showman
selling moonshine remedies that will kill the patient.

And this week he underlined he has neither the desire nor the capacity to lead
the world.

ABC political editor Chris Uhlmann rates each G20 country on the vital Trump
handshake and tweet index to see how they stack up.
Given the US was always going to be one out on climate change, a deft American
President would have found an issue around which he could rally most of the
leaders.

He had the perfect vehicle — North Korea's missile tests.

So, where was the G20 statement condemning North Korea? That would have put
pressure on China and Russia? Other leaders expected it and they were prepared
to back it but it never came.

There is a tendency among some hopeful souls to confuse the speeches written
for Mr Trump with the thoughts of the man himself.

He did make some interesting, scripted, observations in Poland about defending
the values of the West.

And Mr Trump is in a unique position — he is the one man who has the power to
do something about it.

But it is the unscripted Mr Trump that is real. A man who barks out bile in 140
characters, who wastes his precious days as President at war with the West's
institutions — like the judiciary, independent government agencies and the
free press.

He was an uneasy, awkward figure at this gathering and you got the strong sense
some other leaders were trying to find the best way to work around him.

Mr Trump is a man who craves power because it burnishes his celebrity. To be
constantly talking and talked about is all that really matters. And there is no
value placed on the meaning of words. So what is said one day can be discarded
the next.

So, what did we learn this week?

We learned Mr Trump has pressed fast forward on the decline of the US as a
global leader. He managed to diminish his nation and to confuse and alienate
his allies.
He will cede that power to China and Russia — two authoritarian states that
will forge a very different set of rules for the 21st century.

Some will cheer the decline of America, but I think we'll miss it when it is
gone.

And that is the biggest threat to the values of the West which he claims to
hold so dear.

--

Regards
David

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.8.0
* Origin: Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you rum. (3:640/305)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Tue, 11.07.17 22:32
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
On 07/09/17, David Drummond said the following...

The time has passed where we had a President who apologized for America, Where
there never was a need. No longer will we have a President plays the race card
when it suits him dividing our nation ever more then it has previously been. No
more will we have a President bowing before a King.

DD> The G20 became the G19 as it ended. On the Paris climate accords the

What did the Paris climate ever done for the United States of America or the
entire North America continent?

DD> United States was left isolated and friendless.

You might want to check your liberal mindset as your statement is false.

I do not know where you get your twisted ideas from but Donald Trump has done
more positive good things for America in these short few months then Mr.
Obama has done done in the last 8 years.

When your Prime Minister met the President he was smiling from ear to ear and
getting along, it was a good meeting.

DD> He had the perfect vehicle — North Korea's missile tests.

Don't worry about that little fat Koran, if he continues to mess with the U.S.
he will find out that the Trump Administration is not going to play around,
as the previous administration did.

DD> We learned Mr Trump has pressed fast forward on the decline of the US as
DD> a global leader.

Right, that is why we are exporting energy, a country in decline does not
export energy. So your wrong there as well.

_ _

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Windows)
* Origin: Capital Station BBS (1:267/150)

From: Joe Delahaye (1:249/303)
To: All
Date: Wed, 12.07.17 12:31
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Re: Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
By: Gregory Deyss to David Drummond on Tue Jul 11 2017 20:32:40

GD> The time has passed where we had a President who apologized for America,
GD> Where there never was a need. No longer will we have a President plays the
GD> race card when it suits him dividing our nation ever more then it has
GD> previously been. No more will we have a President bowing before a King.

Still brainwashed I see.

Joe
--- SBBSecho 3.00-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)

From: Allen Prunty (1:2320/100)
To: All
Date: Thu, 13.07.17 18:15
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Re: Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
By: Gregory Deyss to David Drummond on Tue Jul 11 2017 08:32 pm

GD> On 07/09/17, David Drummond said the following...

GD> Where there never was a need. No longer will we have a President plays the
GD> race card when it suits him dividing our nation ever more then it has
GD> previously been. No more will we have a President bowing before a King.

Actually the king of Saudia Arabia tricked trump into bowing for him... you
were not paying attention. When trump arrived the king had a huge medal that
he put around Trump's neck. The Saudi king is already short and he held the
medal low so Trump had to BOW a little bit in order to get the medal.

The Saudi king triked him into bowing so that kind of goes out the window.

Allen

... If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.
--- SBBSecho 3.00-Win32
* Origin: LiveWire BBS - Synchronet - LiveWireBBS.com (1:2320/100)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Thu, 13.07.17 19:57
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
On 07/12/17, Joe Delahaye said the following...

JD> Re: Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
JD> By: Gregory Deyss to David Drummond on Tue Jul 11 2017 20:32:40
JD>
JD> GD> The time has passed where we had a President who apologized for Ameri
JD> GD> Where there never was a need. No longer will we have a President play
JD> GD> race card when it suits him dividing our nation ever more then it has
JD> GD> previously been. No more will we have a President bowing before a Kin
JD>
JD>
JD> Still brainwashed I see.

No Joe, it is apart of historical record, we have seen Obama's actions which
demonstrate a clear contrast between the two men. Obama who nearly did
everything to sabotage the U.S. Obama spent more then any other President him.
Additionally he has spent more then George Washington to George W. Bush -
combined. Our current President truly loves the U.S. and it's people.

_ _

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Thu, 13.07.17 20:30
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
On 07/13/17, David Drummond said the following...

DD> When did the last US president bow before a king? Is the House of Saud
DD> included?

Obama, he has bent over so far he could actually tie his own shoe laces.

DD> What has USA or the entire north American continent done for the world's
DD> ecology? Other than polluting more than their fair share of it?

American taxpayers have spent 7.45 Billion to help developing countries cope
with climate change in fiscal years from 2010 through 2012.
You might want to google it.

DD> Did you actually read my post? It was a quote from an Australian journo
DD> - not MY comments.

Yes I know it was a quote by an Australian journalist, but you agree with
these findings, do you not?

DD> GD> When your Prime Minister met the President he was smiling from ear to
DD> and
DD> GD> getting along, it was a good meeting.
DD>
DD> That is called "brown nosing" in Australia.

Now why would that be necessary if he was not truly a friend.
Needy Much?

DD> So far Kim has test some missiles, not "mess with USA". Even the USA is
DD> testing missiles in that area, why shouldn't Kim?

Because the U.S. does not go around taunting that we will destroy you when we
have a disagreement with another country.
Our patience is wearing thin, it would be best for Kim to settle down and
behave and stop making threats against a superpower.

DD> DD>> We learned Mr Trump has pressed fast forward on the decline of the U
DD> DD>> a global leader.
DD>
DD> GD> Right, that is why we are exporting energy, a country in decline does
DD> GD> export energy.
DD>
DD> Exporting energy does NOT make US a "world leader" - just another energy
DD> exporter.
DD>
DD> GD> So your wrong there as well.
DD>
DD> My what is wrong?

You stated that the U.S. is in decline. My point was that a country in
decline does not export energy. Giving the fact that the U.S. is exporting
energy, shows clearly that you were wrong in your statement.

_ _

From: Ib Joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 13.07.17 22:05
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
GD> No Joe, it is apart of historical record, we have seen Obama's actions
GD> which demonstrate a clear contrast between the two men. Obama who nearly
GD> did everything to sabotage the U.S. Obama spent more then any other
GD> President him. Additionally he has spent more then George Washington to
GD> George W. Bush - combined. Our current President truly loves the U.S.
GD> and it's people.

amen brother

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's Computer & BBS
Telnet to the BBS @ joesbbs.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/32)
* Origin: Joe's Computer & BBS (1:342/201)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Fri, 14.07.17 21:04
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
On 07/13/17, Allen Prunty said the following...

AP> Actually the king of Saudia Arabia tricked trump into bowing for him...
AP> you were not paying attention. When trump arrived the king had a huge
AP> medal that he put around Trump's neck. The Saudi king is already short
AP> and he held the medal low so Trump had to BOW a little bit in order to
AP> get the medal.

That is not bowing, not at all Smile What I am talking about is when they first
met outside on or near the red carpet. I did not see any bow. I also did not
see the the first lady bow either, in fact the first lady and the Saudi King
shook hands. I did not miss a moment.

_ _

From: Joe Delahaye (1:249/303)
To: All
Date: Fri, 14.07.17 22:30
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Re: Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
By: Gregory Deyss to Joe Delahaye on Thu Jul 13 2017 17:57:08

JD> GD>> The time has passed where we had a President who apologized for
JD> GD>> Ameri Where there never was a need. No longer will we have a
JD> GD>> President play race card when it suits him dividing our nation
JD> GD>> ever more then it has previously been. No more will we have a
JD> GD>> President bowing before a Kin

JD>> Still brainwashed I see.

GD> No Joe, it is apart of historical record, we have seen Obama's actions
GD> which demonstrate a clear contrast between the two men. Obama who nearly
GD> did everything to sabotage the U.S. Obama spent more then any other
GD> President him. Additionally he has spent more then George Washington to
GD> George W. Bush - combined. Our current President truly loves the U.S. and
GD> it's people.

Your current excuse for a president has spent more money on vacation and golf
trip in the time he has been in office then Obama did in his 8 years in
office.. You might want to check your fact on who spent the most. If Trump
gets his way, he will have outspent all of his predecessors combined. Your
curren excuse is only out for himself. He doesnt give a rats ass about you or
any other American. With all the crap going on riht now, I'll be surprised if
he is still in office by the end of the year.

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 16.07.17 02:19
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
On 07/15/17, Lee Lofaso said the following...

Hi Lee,

LL> It is not a matter of political ideology. The land is sinking and
LL> the water is rising. New Orleans is 9 feet below sea level. The
LL> city remains liveable only because there is a levee system keeping
LL> the waters at bay. But it is impossible to keep such a system from
LL> failing, as the land continues to sink and the waters continue to
LL> rise. Too much cost for what its worth. There are also other
LL> cities, such as Miami, that are totally unprotected. What this
LL> all means is that people will have to relocate to higher ground.

So if the land is sinking and the water is rising how does pollution play a
role in this, China has to be the worlds leaders of pollution.

LL> GD> I do not know where you get your twisted ideas from but Donald Trump
LL> GD> done more positive good things for America in these short few months
LL> GD> Mr. Obama has done done in the last 8 years.
LL>
LL> This country faces many problems. President Obama did what he
LL> could in the time he was given. I am sure President Trump will
LL> do what he can in the time he is given. But this is not about
LL> President Obama, as his time has come and gone. It is all about
LL> President Trump, now that he is the man in charge.

I am certain President Trump will continue to do many positive things for our
country and it's people; and drive the liberals nuts in the process. They get
so bent when he does positive things. It's like the democrats want to start a
fire and watch everything burn, then try to say their way is better for the
country.

LL> GD> Don't worry about that little fat Koran, if he continues to mess with
LL> GD> U.S. he will find out that the Trump Administration is not going to p
LL> GD> around, as the previous administration did.
LL>
LL> That "fat Korean" has the means and nuttiness to wipe out Seoul,
LL> along with 24,000 American soldiers who are defending the place.
LL> Remember, almost the entire population of South Korea lives in
LL> or around Seoul, the rest of country being nothing more than
LL> rocky terrain or (limited) farmland.

My response was one of bewilderment when David made the comment well the
Americans are testing missiles why can't Kim. It was an easy to comment on as
common sense lives here. My thought was to that 'why not kim?' Was how out of
touch it was for making such a comment.

LL> How many nukes does one "fat Korean" who is not playing with
LL> a full deck need to wipe out the US? Just one. And that one
LL> nuke does not have to carry a big payload. And it does not
LL> have to be accurate, depending on type.
LL>
LL> President Trump has publicly stated that he will not allow North
LL> Korea to have nukes (or the capability to use them). That is a red
LL> line drawn in the sand. The "fat Korean" is 12 to 18 months away
LL> from having exactly what he needs to wipe out the US.
LL>
LL> We will soon find out if President Trump was bluffing.

I do not think he is bluffing, but of course I believed in the man when
others said he had zero chance.

LL> An exporter of oil would want to sell high, not low. Depleting
LL> one's own supply at low prices would be akin to state suicide.

Natural Gas is one of the energies that we are exporting, so that counties
like Russia can no longer control and hold the regions hostage when there is
a political disagreement.

_ _

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/64)
* Origin: Capital Station BBS (1:267/150)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 16.07.17 11:48
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi Alexander,
ak> Freedom and democracy in the US would not be possible without fear of
ak> the USSR's Communism. ;-) It helped the Americans to curb the wild
ak> capitalism and a half-slave labor. So it was the USSR who formed the
ak> landscape in the 20th century.

Communism did not effect the United States out of fear or otherwise, quite
the reverse Freedom and Democracy has had its effects on reducing Communism and
it's grasp on control.

The industrial revolution created triumph; capitalism as well as sorrow
because of the abuses; deplorable working conditions this also changed and
was vastly improved upon with the creations of Unions for the rights of
workers.

_ _

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 16.07.17 14:20
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Lee Lofaso!
I read your message from 15.07.2017 22:50

LL> If it was not for the US, the world would not be free.

Freedom and democracy in the US would not be possible without fear of
the USSR's Communism. ;-) It helped the Americans to curb the wild
capitalism and a half-slave labor. So it was the USSR who formed the
landscape in the 20th century.

Bye, Lee!
Alexander Koryagin
fido7.fidonews 2017
--- FIDOGATE 5.1.7ds
* Origin: Pushkin's BBS (2:5020/2140.2)

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.07.17 14:50
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Gregory Deyss!
I read your message from 16.07.2017 08:48

ak>> Freedom and democracy in the US would not be possible without fear
ak>> of the USSR's Communism. It helped the Americans to curb the wild
ak>> capitalism and a half-slave labor. So it was the USSR who formed
ak>> the landscape in the 20th century.

GD> Communism did not effect the United States out of fear or
GD> otherwise, quite the reverse Freedom and Democracy has had its
GD> effects on reducing Communism and it's grasp on control.

GD> The industrial revolution created triumph; capitalism as well as
GD> sorrow because of the abuses; deplorable working conditions this
GD> also changed and was vastly improved upon with the creations of
GD> Unions for the rights of workers.

Actually, the working people said it clear, "Give us fare conditions or
you will have the Russian scenario". Taking in account an economic
catastrophe that had happened in the US in 1930s, it did work -- all the
changes that Franklin D Roosevelt did were forced. Who knows what would
have been with the US without that great reforms -- regulating the banks
and the stock market, providing debt relief, managing farms, initiating
industrial recovery and introducing public works construction projects
(in the USSR they were called kolhoz). ;-)

Bye, Gregory!

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.07.17 19:16
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
ak> Actually, the working people said it clear, "Give us fare conditions or
ak> you will have the Russian scenario". Taking in account an economic
ak> catastrophe that had happened in the US in 1930s, it did work -- all the
ak> changes that Franklin D Roosevelt did were forced. Who knows what would
ak> have been with the US without that great reforms -- regulating the banks
ak> and the stock market, providing debt relief, managing farms, initiating
ak> industrial recovery and introducing public works construction projects
ak> (in the USSR they were called kolhoz). ;-)

Yes I know, you are referring to the 'New Deal' where social security was
born. This had nothing to do with fear of another nation and if they were
communist or even fascist if this way of life, or even the fear of it would
come here to America. Non-sense. It's called the American Way, if you have a
problem you pull yourself up by your boot straps and fix it not whine about
it, and wish it would fix it self.

_ _

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Tue, 18.07.17 18:21
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Gregory Deyss!
I read your message from 17.07.2017 16:16

ak>> have been with the US without that great reforms --
ak>> regulating the banks and the stock market, providing debt
ak>> relief, managing farms, initiating industrial recovery and
ak>> introducing public works construction projects (in the USSR
ak>> they were called kolhoz).;-)
GD> Yes I know, you are referring to the 'New Deal' where social
GD> security was born. This had nothing to do with fear of another
GD> nation

I said not about "fear of other nation" but about the fear of those
people who have ruled and own the US during the first half of the 20th
century. They clearly understood that it was better to forgo in small
than to lose everything. In this sense the USSR was a great stimulus for
the Americans reforms (and in Europe, too). IMHO, most probably, the
American reforms did not happen without the Russian revolution. It
changed the world.

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.07.17 01:09
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Lee Lofaso!
I read your message from 18.07.2017 23:37

LL> Certainly nobody can blame communism (or socialism) for that
LL> one. FDR saved the US from itself by injecting the economy with
LL> a stimulus that he knew would be sure to work. As you know,
LL> you have to spend money to make money. Preferably somebody
LL> else's money. And then, once you get it started, keep the
LL> ball rolling.

You said nothing that all revolutions made by common, working people
have the same base and roots. FDR had done all he could to prevent a
working people uprising, according the Russian scenario. There was
ground for it. During an economic catastrophe there appeared a bright
idea that all the problems exist because of few super rich
blood-suckers, and it can be easily mended by force. And the people will
live in a happy, just society. ;)

That was the main fear of blood-suckers. ;-)

From: BOB ACKLEY (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.07.17 13:18
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
> Hi, Lee Lofaso!
> I read your message from 18.07.2017 23:37
>
> LL> Certainly nobody can blame communism (or socialism) for that
> LL> one. FDR saved the US from itself by injecting the economy with
> LL> a stimulus that he knew would be sure to work. As you know,
> LL> you have to spend money to make money. Preferably somebody
> LL> else's money. And then, once you get it started, keep the
> LL> ball rolling.
>
> You said nothing that all revolutions made by common, working people
> have the same base and roots. FDR had done all he could to prevent a
> working people uprising, according the Russian scenario. There was
> ground for it. During an economic catastrophe there appeared a bright
> idea that all the problems exist because of few super rich
> blood-suckers, and it can be easily mended by force. And the people will
> live in a happy, just society. ;)
>
> That was the main fear of blood-suckers. ;-)

A lot of people - including me - think FDR's programs prolonged and
exacerbated the Depression. What really ended the depression wasn't FDR
or his policies, it was the military buildup preceding World War II,
which began in the late 1930s.

I've read that a lot of people were worried about a Communist revolution
in this country, fortunately it didn't happen. About the closest thing
to such an event was Coxey's Army, a group of World War I veterans who
marched on Washington DC claiming the government should pay them the
bonus it promised back in 1918 (we all know about government promises, or
at least about US government promises). Coxey's Army was dispersed by US
Army troops commanded by General Douglas MacArthur.

It is not well known that the USA suffered *another* depression in about
1923. The government (under President Coolidge) did absolutely nothing
and within a year the economy was humming again.
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.DOCSPLACE.ORG (1:123/140)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.07.17 22:54
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
ak> The target is very clear and common for all the civilizations like on
ak> Earth. Unlimited technology growth, material abundance, everybody gets
ak> all they want. It is called Communism. ;=)

Since when does one have freedom of choice within Communism? More like a small
group of people work very hard and the benefits of that work gets shared with
everyone via the State.
Communism is Control, not freedom.

_ _

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.07.17 23:35
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Lee Lofaso!
I read your message from 18.07.2017 22:31

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/2140.2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 21.07.17 16:04
Re: How Australia sees the USA today.
Hi, Gregory Deyss!
I read your message from 20.07.2017 19:54

ak>> The target is very clear and common for all the civilizations like
ak>> on Earth. Unlimited technology growth, material abundance,
ak>> everybody gets all they want. It is called Communism. ;=)

GD> Since when does one have freedom of choice within Communism? More
GD> like a small group of people work very hard and the benefits of
GD> that work gets shared with everyone via the State.

GD> Communism is Control, not freedom.

The base idea of Communism is freedom from oppression and justice for
_all_ people -- it is strange you don't know it. Although it is well
known that the humans can pervert any kind of ideas, love including. You
can remember awful period of terror caused by the Cristian church, for
instance.

As for the totalitarianism in the USSR, it was causes by the western
countries that had put the USSR into tight isolation and (blood-suckers)
used any possibility to destroy it. It such conditions of isolation and
threatening a thriving of paranoia is inevitable. Now we see it in the
North Korea. But the people of the North Korea are not wicked and they
don't have plans to destroy the US or other countries.