Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 01:52
Explain it to me
Re: Explain it to me
By: Aaron Thomas to All on Sat Nov 21 2020 02:32 am

AT> The same way the media removed my Republican president, is the way they
AT> intend to keep my gorilla governor.

The media didn't remove your president. There was an election in your country
and Joe Biden got more votes so he won the election and will be the next
president.

Donald Trump said before the election.. "the only way we can lose is if it's
rigged". He was wrong. The only way Donald Trump could loose is if more people
voted for another candidate, and they did.

There is no conspiracy about it. Donald Trump lost the election.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Hindsight is an exact science
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sun, 08.11.20 01:02
Re: Explain it to me
-=> Alan Ianson wrote to Aaron Thomas <=-

AI> Re: Explain it to me
AI> By: Aaron Thomas to All on Sat Nov 21 2020 02:32 am

AT> The same way the media removed my Republican president, is the way they
AT> intend to keep my gorilla governor.

AI> The media didn't remove your president. There was an election in your
AI> country and Joe Biden got more votes so he won the election and will be
AI> the next president.

AI> Donald Trump said before the election.. "the only way we can lose is if
AI> it's rigged". He was wrong. The only way Donald Trump could loose is if
AI> more people voted for another candidate, and they did.

AI> There is no conspiracy about it. Donald Trump lost the election.

And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
preferences????

There are only two types of people who could suggest such a thing.
Outright morons of the highest order, or liars.

... Dennis Katsonis
=== MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.29
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 12:51
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Dennis Katsonis to Alan Ianson on Sun Nov 08 2020 01:02 am

DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
DK> preferences????

There is so much media. Take your pick left/right/center.

In spite of that I think people can make up their own minds.

DK> There are only two types of people who could suggest such a thing.
DK> Outright morons of the highest order, or liars.

Right. Morons and liars are plentiful.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Math problems? Call 1-800-10*(24+13)-(64-16)/2^14E2.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 21:11
Re: Explain it to me
AI> The media didn't remove your president. There was an election in your count
AI> and Joe Biden got more votes so he won the election and will be the next
AI> president.

There's never been a president who's done more for this country in my
lifetime. Why isn't he getting re-elected? Because the media decided "no." Not
just the news media, the late shows, the early shows, celebrities doing
side-gigs trashing the president, this is what I mean by the media elected Joe
Biden.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 19:08
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Aaron Thomas to Alan Ianson on Sat Nov 21 2020 09:11 pm

AT> Why isn't he getting re-elected?

That's easy, because he lost the election.

BT> Because the media decided "no."

The media doesn't vote, people vote.

AT> Not just the news media, the late shows, the early shows, celebrities
AT> doing side-gigs trashing the president, this is what I mean by the media
AT> elected Joe Biden.

There were a lot of people on his side but if you want to be president you have
to have a majority of people on your side ready to vote for you. You need to
appeal to more than just republicans or democrats.

At least you need to win the electoral college.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... I'm sure it's clearly explained in the Zmodem DOC's
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 22.11.20 00:29
Re: Explain it to me
-=> On 11-08-20 01:02, Dennis Katsonis <=-
-=> spoke to Alan Ianson about Re: Explain it to me <=-

AI> Donald Trump said before the election.. "the only way we can lose is if
AI> it's rigged". He was wrong. The only way Donald Trump could loose is if
AI> more people voted for another candidate, and they did.

AI> There is no conspiracy about it. Donald Trump lost the election.

DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
DK> preferences????

The media did have something to do with it -- on both sides. Fox fed
the ultra-right and Trump with all the fake news they wanted to hear.
CNN and MSNBC reported their selection of facts.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:31:43, 22 Nov 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sun, 22.11.20 21:14
Re: Explain it to me
-=> Alan Ianson wrote to Dennis Katsonis <=-

AI> Re: Re: Explain it to me
AI> By: Dennis Katsonis to Alan Ianson on Sun Nov 08 2020 01:02 am

DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
DK> preferences????

AI> There is so much media. Take your pick left/right/center.

AI> In spite of that I think people can make up their own minds.

DK> There are only two types of people who could suggest such a thing.
DK> Outright morons of the highest order, or liars.

AI> Right. Morons and liars are plentiful.

Mainstream media, by and large, was anti-Trump. Whether it is "right", "left"
or "center" is not relevant. To be part of that class of people, it meant
adopting "orange man bad".

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 22.11.20 07:32
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Dennis Katsonis to Alan Ianson on Sun Nov 22 2020 09:14 pm

DK> Mainstream media, by and large, was anti-Trump.

Trump is anti-media. All that "news" just gets in the way and it must be
stopped.

DK> To be part of that class of people,

What class of people?

DK> it meant adopting "orange man bad".

It's got nothing to do with "orange man bad". I don't think Trump would be
liked more, or liked less based on his complexion.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Please write your complaint in this box [ ] - Legibly
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 08:02
Re: Explain it to me
AT> Liberals, explain it to me:

AT> If the media isn't controlling a bunch of grass-eating herd members,
AT> then why
AT> is Cuomo set to recieve an Emmy award?

AT> The same way the media removed my Republican president, is the way
AT> they intend
AT> to keep my gorilla governor.

The people removed the president. The media reported on the president and AFAIK
the only media who did lie time and time again is Fox News who spent 3,5 years
praising Dear Leader and giving him a platform to say whatever he wanted.

The problem with the US is that everything is political. Gun control? Leftist
bastards. Want to paint your lawn pink? Liberal scum. Ban gay marriage?
Rightwing morons, and so on. Your news media will always be a reflection of
your society.

In Sweden we sure have our challenges where Swedish Television (SVT, the public
broadcasting service owned by the government) tends to spin thing slightly to
the left at times which is bad but here we don't have anything as remotely
screwed up as Fox News.

--- NiKom v2.5.0
* Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 08:10
Re: Explain it to me
-=>> Alan Ianson wrote to Aaron Thomas <=-

AI>> Re: Explain it to me
AI>> By: Aaron Thomas to All on Sat Nov 21 2020 02:32 am

AT>> The same way the media removed my Republican president, is the way they
AT>> intend to keep my gorilla governor.

AI>> The media didn't remove your president. There was an election in your
AI>> country and Joe Biden got more votes so he won the election and will be
AI>> the next president.

AI>> Donald Trump said before the election.. "the only way we can lose is if
AI>> it's rigged". He was wrong. The only way Donald Trump could loose is if
AI>> more people voted for another candidate, and they did.

AI>> There is no conspiracy about it. Donald Trump lost the election.

DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
DK> preferences????

If you think that then I suppose media influenced how you voted too. Americans
aren't known to be able to think much for themselves but I think people are
able to vote without being told by the media, CNN or Fox News, who to vote for.

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 06:40
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Joacim Melin to Dennis Katsonis on Mon Nov 23 2020 08:10:16

> -=>> Alan Ianson wrote to Aaron Thomas <=-
>
> AI>> Re: Explain it to me
> AI>> By: Aaron Thomas to All on Sat Nov 21 2020 02:32 am
>
> AT>> The same way the media removed my Republican president, is the way
> they
> AT>> intend to keep my gorilla governor.
>
> AI>> The media didn't remove your president. There was an election in your
> AI>> country and Joe Biden got more votes so he won the election and will
> be
> AI>> the next president.
>
> AI>> Donald Trump said before the election.. "the only way we can lose is
> if
> AI>> it's rigged". He was wrong. The only way Donald Trump could loose is
> if
> AI>> more people voted for another candidate, and they did.
>
> AI>> There is no conspiracy about it. Donald Trump lost the election.
>
> DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
> DK> preferences????
>
> If you think that then I suppose media influenced how you voted too.
> Americans aren't known to be able to think much for themselves but I think
> people are able to vote without being told by the media, CNN or Fox News,
> who to vote for.
>

> --- NiKom v2.5.0

The entire reason that billions is spent on propaganda and marketing is because
it can sway peoples minds. The whole reason the industry exists is because
media can sway.

So of course incessent media messaging is going to have an affect. Am I
influenced? I would like to think not, but I can't be sure.

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 11:43
Re: Explain it to me
> If the media isn't controlling a bunch of grass-eating herd members, then why
> is Cuomo set to recieve an Emmy award?
MP>
MP> Which Emmy award would he be eligible for? I thought they only gave those
MP> to people who were on TV shows?

You're thinking 80s Emmys. The Emmys today are part of the media campaign to
brainwash the herd. Something for them to watch while eating grass & pooping.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 11:48
Re: Explain it to me
AI> DK> And the media had NOTHING to do with influencing peoples voting
AI> DK> preferences????
AI>
AI> There is so much media. Take your pick left/right/center.

There is so much LIBERAL media. Not so much conservative. We have 4
publicly broadcast TV networks in the states: ABC, NBC, CBS, & PBS. All four
of them are left-aligned. They have their employees trained just like Kim Jong
Un trains his people to clap for him.

Only people with cable tv and/or internet access can see or hear the
conservative news media, and that leaves a lot of people out.

Obviously a neutral news company is needed. We should get straight facts
without biased criticism segments. But freedom to brainwash people is part of
our constitution.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 12:50
Re: Explain it to me
JM> The people removed the president. The media reported on the president and
JM> AFAIK the only media who did lie time and time again is Fox News who spent
JM> years praising Dear Leader and giving him a platform to say whatever he
JM> wanted.

You should stop watching Fox News. There's no such thing as neutral news in
the USA; they are all in support of the Democrat party with the exception of a
few.

Fox News has been more valuable than ever during the Trump presidency.
Throughout my life, I've always been able to watch the president speak on TV.
But if you wanted to see Trump on TV, you had to have Fox News, because no
other channel would let him speak. We're turning communist the backwards way;
the media is molding the government instead of the government molding the
media.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 10:36
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Aaron Thomas to Alan Ianson on Mon Nov 23 2020 11:48 am

AT> There is so much LIBERAL media. Not so much conservative.

Why do you want conservative branded news?

Can you just get the facts and still be conservative?

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Remember when safe sex meant not getting caught?
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 14:43
Re: Explain it to me
Re: Re: Explain it to me
By: Aaron Thomas to Joacim Melin on Mon Nov 23 2020 12:50 pm

AT> TV. But if you wanted to see Trump on TV, you had to have Fox News, because
AT> no other channel would let him speak. We're turning communist the backwards
AT> way; the media is molding the government instead of the government molding
AT> the media.

The media is trying to inform the public. CNN and others would carry Trump's
later appearances, after fact-checking the lies first.

It would be irresponsible of the news agencies to spread the lies otherwise.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 16:41
Re: Explain it to me
> Obviously a neutral news company is needed. We should get straight facts
> without biased criticism segments. But freedom to brainwash people is part of
> our constitution.

Find a good local news station that reports on national events.

Most of the networks are owned by corporations whose #1 source of revenue
is not television.

* SLMR 2.1a * A distant ship, smoke on the horizon....
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 16:50
Re: Explain it to me
> AT> There is so much LIBERAL media. Not so much conservative.

> Why do you want conservative branded news?

> Can you just get the facts and still be conservative?

Why would he want liberal branded news?

It is difficult to find news that doesn't have some sort of slant anymore.
I try to stick with a couple of local news stations that deliver local,
state, and national news without interjecting unlabeled opinions. If everyone
stopped watching the trainwrecks that are cable news networks, they'd
change their ways or go out of business.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Mmmmmmmm.....doughnuts."

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 20:56
Re: Explain it to me
AI> AT> There is so much LIBERAL media. Not so much conservative.
AI>
AI> Why do you want conservative branded news?
AI>
AI> Can you just get the facts and still be conservative?

I don't want conservative branded news. I want it to be neutral, but it almost
never is. It's always some news personalities doing favors for a party.

Joe Biden is going to narrowly escape lots of questions that he don't want to
answer because the liberal media won't ask them. The conservative media (which
hardly exists) will not be hostile with the Democrat president either. Expect
to never see another negative Joe Biden story again in any of our news.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 21:45
Re: Explain it to me
KW> The media is trying to inform the public. CNN and others would carry Trump'
KW> later appearances, after fact-checking the lies first.

They didn't do that with Obama, and he told plenty of lies to us without being
fact-checked.

Obama promises affordable health care:
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-record/health-care

But ends up costing working families more money and still without coverage:
https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/

But he was a black guy - would it have been racist to subject a black man to
scrutiny? Would it have been racist to hold a black guy accountable for not
delivering his campaign promise? It might not be racist, but the media
wouldn't take a chance at having it come out that way. So instead, they
back-up their black puppet by ignoring his false moves and focusing on getting
the world to hate their puppet's opponent.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2