Fidonet Portal

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Tue, 17.11.20 17:19
Fido sucks
> DS> And once again you prove your ability by ignoring the topic, casting
> DS> out
> DS> a spurious and false insult, then only to toss out some other vague
> DS> and
> DS> vacuous conspiracy theory that has already been debunked. Why don't
> DS> you
> DS> learn to have an honest debate based on real facts?

> He's a republican?

You know what I find interesting? A few months ago, and many times before
that, you have spent your time in other networks complaining about FIDO and
how you don't like it because everyone in FIDO is always stiring up shit.
Yet, the only time I see you posting in FIDO, that is all you are doing.
You basically post one or two lines to troll someone, rarely reply when
they respond to you, and then show up again a week or two later to do it
again.

So basically what you were saying all those times is that FIDO sucks because
you are using it?

* SLMR 2.1a * Hell is full. The damned are now in Tech Support.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Wed, 18.11.20 19:25
Re: Fido sucks
>> DS> And once again you prove your ability by ignoring the topic, casting >>
DS> out
>> DS> a spurious and false insult, then only to toss out some other vague >>
DS> and
>> DS> vacuous conspiracy theory that has already been debunked. Why don't >>
DS> you
>> DS> learn to have an honest debate based on real facts?

>> He's a republican?

MP> You know what I find interesting? A few months ago, and many times
MP> before
MP> that, you have spent your time in other networks complaining about
MP> FIDO and
MP> how you don't like it because everyone in FIDO is always stiring up
MP> shit.
MP> Yet, the only time I see you posting in FIDO, that is all you are
MP> doing.
MP> You basically post one or two lines to troll someone, rarely reply
MP> when
MP> they respond to you, and then show up again a week or two later to do
MP> it
MP> again.

MP> So basically what you were saying all those times is that FIDO sucks
MP> because
MP> you are using it?

A couple of points are in order.

1. I've been away for weeks because first my wife was hit with covid-19, then
my two sons, and then myself. Also my mother-in-law nearly died from it so
excuse me if my focus was elsewhere.

2. When I have time to sit down to do my BBS:ing, I rarely have time to go
through several hundred posts in a echo, so sometimes I skip most of them.

3. Sometimes, one line is all it takes.

4. I don't believe most republicans are idiots, only people like yourself who
apparently stopped thinking for yourself years ago and instead believed
everything Trump and the MAGA camp feed you. I understand it's easier but trust
me, the rest of the world sees what your one-term president is doing and we are
collectively shaking our heads and sighing.

Now, you can dismiss me as a leftist european, which only shows that you have
no idea how the political spectrum in europe actually looks like. Also, europe
consists of 44 countries. That's not 44 states in a united europe, it's
actually 44 soverign nations with their own laws, partys, traditions and all
that. I would not for one second claim to understand everything that goes on in
the other 43 countries outside my own, but neither should you since you clearly
have no grasp of how any of our countries work.

See - that's 27 lines wasted on someone who will dismiss me as a communist
left-wing gay loving european because you can't stop drinking the Cool Aid.

Good day.

--- NiKom v2.5.0
* Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Thu, 19.11.20 13:06
Re: Fido sucks
>4. I don't believe most republicans are idiots, only people like yourself who
>parently stopped thinking for yourself years ago and instead believed
everythin
> Trump and the MAGA camp feed you. I understand it's easier but trust me, the
>st of the world sees what your one-term president is doing and we are
collectiv
>ly shaking our heads and sighing.

Dial it back, get off your high horse, and start over. Also remember that
I was not the originator of the conversation you were responding to that
started this conversation.

>Now, you can dismiss me as a leftist european, which only shows that you have
> idea how the political spectrum in europe actually looks like. Also, europe
co
>sists of 44 countries. That's not 44 states in a united europe, it's actually
4
> soverign nations with their own laws, partys, traditions and all that. I
would
>not for one second claim to understand everything that goes on in the other 43
>ountries outside my own, but neither should you since you clearly have no
grasp
>of how any of our countries work.

I could say the same thing about the US and you. We are a soverign nation
and you likely don't know a whole lot about what goes on over here, either.
Our states have their own rules and laws, too, and have varying levels of
desire when it comes to Federal intervention in local affairs.

Why don't you post something about politics and events in your home country
or the EU in general and enlighten us? We do have other members from other
countries, and most of them can do that. Example: We've heard a little about
what Sweeden is up to re: COVID. What are they doing? Is it working?

>See - that's 27 lines wasted on someone who will dismiss me as a communist lef
>wing gay loving european because you can't stop drinking the Cool Aid.

No, I currently dismiss you as a troll and a hypocrite. Your posts are
no more constructive than those who troll from the right. You are a reason
this is "Fight-o-net" and I can see why you have trouble getting along with
anyone.

Please, prove me wrong.

* SLMR 2.1a * A reasonable man accomplishes nothing.

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 08:35
Re: Fido sucks
-=> Lee Lofaso wrote to Mike Powell <=-

LL> He already has. He's Swedish. His food and drink proves it. I mean,

Throw in some akvavit, meatballs, sliced meats and cheeses, rye bread
and a salad and you've just described my Christmas smorgasbord.

Lots of Akvavit. Kept in an ice bucket.

... Use an old idea
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 07:27
Re: Fido sucks
LL> Hello Mike,

LL> [..]

>>> See - that's 27 lines wasted on someone who will dismiss me as a communist

>>> left wing gay loving european because you can't stop drinking the Cool
>>> Aid.

MP>> No, I currently dismiss you as a troll and a hypocrite. Your posts are
MP>> no more constructive than those who troll from the right. You are a reas
LL> on
MP>> this is "Fight-o-net" and I can see why you have trouble getting along wi
LL> th
MP>> anyone.

MP>> Please, prove me wrong.

LL> He already has. He's Swedish. His food and drink proves it. I mean,

LL> --Lee

A can that can explode.

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 07:28
Re: Fido sucks
-=>> Lee Lofaso wrote to Mike Powell <=-

LL>> He already has. He's Swedish. His food and drink proves it. I mean,

KW> Throw in some akvavit, meatballs, sliced meats and cheeses, rye bread
KW> and a salad and you've just described my Christmas smorgasbord.

KW> Lots of Akvavit. Kept in an ice bucket.

There is no salad in our christmas dinner. Traditionally, farmers around the
country had tons and tons of meat at christmas. Meat that had been stored
troughout the year and basically they ate the meat at christmas as a feast and
also to stay a bit fatter during winter. During fall, spring and summer, they
ate tons of fish instead.

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.11.20 07:41
Re: Fido sucks
-=> Joacim Melin wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

JM> There is no salad in our christmas dinner. Traditionally, farmers
JM> around the country had tons and tons of meat at christmas. Meat that
JM> had been stored troughout the year and basically they ate the meat at
JM> christmas as a feast and also to stay a bit fatter during winter.
JM> During fall, spring and summer, they ate tons of fish instead.

My background is Swedish, Danish, German, and Scottish. After living
in California for three generations, we've forgotten what it's like
living in a place where there's no sun and lots of snow for a good
part of the year, and how that affects your food culture.

I do still enjoy a slice of sill on a wasa crisp followed with a shot
of Akvavit.

... Abandon desire