Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/1.58)
To: All
Date: Sat, 01.01.22 21:12
Are there any audiophiles left here?

BF> Actually it may be one of the POFs I was talking about?
BF> I'm still at IIS 5 and I've got reports that sometimes
BF> downloading with http is really slow, considering that
BF> I sit on a 100/100M fiber.

I was referring to playing the files AFTER they are downloaded.
But even if I could play/stream your files directly, my DSL
speed at about 650-800Kbps wouldn't be good enough.

BF> And regarding another comment, my FLAC files should be
BF> totally uncompressed. That was the whole idea behind
BF> going from MP3 to FLAC...

For totally uncompressed, WAV ought to do it. But FLAC offers
a modicum of space/storage efficiency.
--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.51