Fidonet Portal

From: Dean Galloway (1:114/709)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.08.21 17:47
Purging messages?
Hello all,

I run the DBUTIL utility to purge and it says it's purging, but when I look at
the area index, it doesn't appear to have purged anything.

Am I missing a command to make the purge final?

Thanks,
Dean.

--- D'Bridge 4
* Origin: Buckeye Telegraph (1:114/709)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Thu, 05.08.21 09:57
Re: Purging messages?
On 04 Aug 21 17:47:27, Dean Galloway said the following to All:

DG> I run the DBUTIL utility to purge and it says it's purging, but when I look
DG> the area index, it doesn't appear to have purged anything.
DG>
DG> Am I missing a command to make the purge final?

For which areas and what are the purge settings?

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dean Galloway (1:114/709)
To: All
Date: Thu, 05.08.21 18:17
Re: Purging messages?
NA> On 04 Aug 21 17:47:27, Dean Galloway said the following to All:

NA>DG> I run the DBUTIL utility to purge and it says it's purging, but when
NA> I look
NA>DG> the area index, it doesn't appear to have purged anything.
NA>DG>
NA>DG> Am I missing a command to make the purge final?

NA> For which areas and what are the purge settings?

FSX_BOT is one of the areas, purge after 30 days and preserver set to 0.