Fidonet Portal

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Sat, 12.09.20 09:56
DoorMUD
Same issue as my prior post...

Mystic BBS:
----------
Assuming c:\doormud is your DoorMUD directory, and c:\mystic is your Mystic
directory, use a command line of:
c:\doormud\dmud32d.exe -n %3 -d c:\mystic\temp%3

Set the menu command type to "D3 Door with DOOR32.SYS".

Made changes to reflect my setup... When it starts it says it cannot read the
comport

Do you have doormud running on Mystic... if so what's your setup...

Thanx

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

* Origin: Joe's BBS, JoesBBS.com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTPS:80 (1:342/201)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Sat, 12.09.20 14:58
Re: DoorMUD
IJ> Mystic BBS:
IJ> ----------
IJ> Assuming c:\doormud is your DoorMUD directory, and c:\mystic is your
IJ> Mystic directory, use a command line of:
IJ> c:\doormud\dmud32d.exe -n %3 -d c:\mystic\temp%3
IJ>
IJ> Set the menu command type to "D3 Door with DOOR32.SYS".

Their own documentation doesn't work, so it can be confusing.

If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:

Command: D3 (Execute Door32 Program)
Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys

This assumes you're using the 32-bit version.

The %N is replaced by the node number, and %P is replaced by the directory
where the drop files are located (in this case door32.sys).

* Origin: Sector 7 | Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Sat, 12.09.20 14:09
Re: DoorMUD
g0> Their own documentation doesn't work, so it can be confusing.
g0>
g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
g0>
g0> Command: D3 (Execute Door32 Program)
g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
g0>
g0> This assumes you're using the 32-bit version.
g0>

Yup, 32Bit and I was able to take this information and make the other doors
to work...

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.09.20 17:24
Re: DoorMUD
On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 4:24:12 PM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> g0> Their own documentation doesn't work, so it can be confusing.
> g0>
> g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
> g0>
> g0> Command: D3 (Execute Door32 Program)
> g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
> g0>
> g0> This assumes you're using the 32-bit version.
> g0>
>
> Yup, 32Bit and I was able to take this information and make the other doors
> to work...
> Thanx
>
> IB Joe
> AKA Joe Schweier
> SysOp of Joe's BBS
> -=JoesBBS.com=-

I'm actually having some challenges with this, too. I changed the external
command from what was in the dmud manual to the above, and I get further along,
but now I get an error "Unable to read door information file". My setup is
going to be used as a
dial-up demo for a computer museum, so it's older -- 1.07.3 running on Windows
98SE with a Digi AccelPort board. The board itself works fine, and I can get
Pimpwars running, but dmud is a challenge.

Thanks!

Rich
IMSAI Long Island

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.09.20 20:02
Re: DoorMUD
On 30 Sep 2020, Richard Cini said the following...

RC> On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 4:24:12 PM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
RC> > g0> Their own documentation doesn't work, so it can be confusing.
RC> > g0>
RC> > g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
RC> > g0>
RC> > g0> Command: D3 (Execute Door32 Program)
RC> > g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
RC> > g0>
RC> > g0> This assumes you're using the 32-bit version.
RC> > g0>
RC> >
RC> > Yup, 32Bit and I was able to take this information and make the other do
RC> > to work...
RC> > Thanx
RC> >
RC>
RC> I'm actually having some challenges with this, too. I changed the
RC> external command from what was in the dmud manual to the above, and I
RC> get further along, but now I get an error "Unable to read door
RC> information file". My setup is going to be used as a
RC> dial-up demo for a computer museum, so it's older -- 1.07.3 running on
RC> Windows 98SE with a Digi AccelPort board. The board itself works fine,
RC> and I can get Pimpwars running, but dmud is a challenge.
RC>
RC> Thanks!

A few questions... what BBS software are you going to use?? If the BBS is
not dialup ready what's your plan there...

Each BBS is slightly different. Mystic drops it's door files in the
\mystic\temp?\ directory whereas Synchronet puts them into the \SBBS\Node?\
directory. The question mark "?"is the node number...

What's the software, DOS Windows or Linux...?? Expand a little

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.09.20 19:38
Re: DoorMUD
On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 10:12:15 PM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> On 30 Sep 2020, Richard Cini said the following...
>
> RC> On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 4:24:12 PM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> RC> > g0> Their own documentation doesn't work, so it can be confusing.
> RC> > g0>
> RC> > g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
> RC> > g0>
> RC> > g0> Command: D3 (Execute Door32 Program)
> RC> > g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
> RC> > g0>
> RC> > g0> This assumes you're using the 32-bit version.
> RC> > g0>
> RC> >
> RC> > Yup, 32Bit and I was able to take this information and make the other
do
> RC> > to work...
> RC> > Thanx
> RC> >
> RC>
> RC> I'm actually having some challenges with this, too. I changed the
> RC> external command from what was in the dmud manual to the above, and I
> RC> get further along, but now I get an error "Unable to read door
> RC> information file". My setup is going to be used as a
> RC> dial-up demo for a computer museum, so it's older -- 1.07.3 running on
> RC> Windows 98SE with a Digi AccelPort board. The board itself works fine,
> RC> and I can get Pimpwars running, but dmud is a challenge.
> RC>
> RC> Thanks!
>
> A few questions... what BBS software are you going to use?? If the BBS is
> not dialup ready what's your plan there...
>
> Each BBS is slightly different. Mystic drops it's door files in the
> \mystic\temp?\ directory whereas Synchronet puts them into the \SBBS\Node?\
> directory. The question mark "?"is the node number...
>
> What's the software, DOS Windows or Linux...?? Expand a little
> IB Joe
> AKA Joe Schweier
> SysOp of Joe's BBS
> -=JoesBBS.com=-

Thanks Joe. In the post, I mentioned 1.07.3 and Windows 98SE, but of course I
didn’t tie them together and say the Windows version of Mystic 1.07.3. Sorry
about that. The server PC is a Pentium II machine with 255mb of RAM running
Windows 98SE and has
an 8-port ISA Digi AccelPort.

The demo is specifically for the dial-up experience. So my plan was to have a
modem bank (which I have), a PBX (which I have) and let the other machines
being demoed (a wide mix of vintage micros) dial-into the BBS through the PBX.
All of that works. But
I thought it would be good to have a few door games for attendees to play with.

I have 4 modems for 4 nodes, so I created 4 temp directories and I've tested
all 4 nodes. All good there. FWFW, the temp directories are empty which I think
is unlike some other BBS'es which need a configuration file in each node
directory.

The dmud command line is as above. It’s not clear to me if I need to put
anything in the temp directories at all. I read it as the door creates the drop
file when the user logs in.

Thanks.

Rich

http://www.classiccmp.org/cini
Long Island S100 User’s Group

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 08:42
Re: DoorMUD
On 30 Sep 2020, IB Joe said the following...

IJ> A few questions... what BBS software are you going to use?? If the BBS
IJ> is not dialup ready what's your plan there...

I used Synchronet's SEXPOTS to add dialup support to my Mystic board on Win32.

All SEXPOTS does is answer the modem and then send that to Telnet. Over VoIP
phone lines I was only able to get a 19,200 to 38,400 baud connection, but it
worked quite well. I don't have it setup anymore, because... why?

Setup was quite easy, just edit the sexpots.ini file & then run SEXPOTS.EXE
-com 4 -baud 38400. (At least that's what I ran for my USB modem on my voip
line, YMMV).

Jay

... Want to hear something terrible? Paper. See? I told you it was tear-able.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 07:21
Re: DoorMUD
On 30 Sep 2020, Richard Cini said the following...
RC> > g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
RC> > g0>
RC> > g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
RC> > g0>

RC> external command from what was in the dmud manual to the above, and I
RC> get further along, but now I get an error "Unable to read door
RC> information file". My setup is going to be used as a
RC> dial-up demo for a computer museum, so it's older -- 1.07.3 running on
RC> Windows 98SE with a Digi AccelPort board. The board itself works fine,
RC> and I can get Pimpwars running, but dmud is a challenge.
RC>
RC> Thanks!

I have quoted above some of the information needed. I quoted what g00r00
told me to used to get the door running. I don't know how you're doing it
but the above can be broken down in to 2 pieces to better understand how to
get the door to work.... 1st, c:\doormud\dmud32d.exe , points where the exe
file to get the door working... 2nd, -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys... is the info
needed to tell the door where the door info files are...

-n %N tells the program what node you are on.... current mystic BBSes use
that, prior version and or other BBSes my use something else. The next is -d
%Pdoor32.sys .... this is the argument that points to the directory where
your door files are... current versions of Mystic would take that %P and
translate that as \mystic\temp1 or \mystic\temp2 or \mystic\temp3... and so
on... depending on the node you are on. The ending to that statement
door32.sys is the door info file.

Lets just say that your software doesn't use the %P argument you can execute
the door like this...
c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d \mystic\temp%N\door32.sys

The error you're getting sounds like the door isn't able to find the door
info files .... The -d \mystic\temp%N\door32.sys part...

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 07:26
Re: DoorMUD
On 01 Oct 2020, Jay Harris said the following...
JH> IJ> A few questions... what BBS software are you going to use?? If the B
JH> IJ> is not dialup ready what's your plan there...
JH>
JH> I used Synchronet's SEXPOTS to add dialup support to my Mystic board on
JH> Win32.
JH>
JH> All SEXPOTS does is answer the modem and then send that to Telnet. Over
JH> VoIP phone lines I was only able to get a 19,200 to 38,400 baud
JH> connection, but it worked quite well. I don't have it setup anymore,
JH> because... why?
JH>
JH> Setup was quite easy, just edit the sexpots.ini file & then run
JH> SEXPOTS.EXE -com 4 -baud 38400. (At least that's what I ran for my USB
JH> modem on my voip line, YMMV).
JH>
JH> Jay

A suggestion I would have made... I would have went with a current version of
Mystic and used sexpots myself.... There are some fellow SysOps trying to
get their BBSes going on XT machines, no HDD of 5.25 floppies.

Smile

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 06:50
Re: DoorMUD
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 9:44:19 AM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> On 30 Sep 2020, Richard Cini said the following...
> RC> > g0> If you have doormud installed in c:\doormud then you would do:
> RC> > g0>
> RC> > g0> Data: c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys
> RC> > g0>
>
> RC> external command from what was in the dmud manual to the above, and I
> RC> get further along, but now I get an error "Unable to read door
> RC> information file". My setup is going to be used as a
> RC> dial-up demo for a computer museum, so it's older -- 1.07.3 running on
> RC> Windows 98SE with a Digi AccelPort board. The board itself works fine,
> RC> and I can get Pimpwars running, but dmud is a challenge.
> RC>
> RC> Thanks!
>
> I have quoted above some of the information needed. I quoted what g00r00
> told me to used to get the door running. I don't know how you're doing it
> but the above can be broken down in to 2 pieces to better understand how to
> get the door to work.... 1st, c:\doormud\dmud32d.exe , points where the exe
> file to get the door working... 2nd, -n %N -d %Pdoor32.sys... is the info
> needed to tell the door where the door info files are...
>
> -n %N tells the program what node you are on.... current mystic BBSes use
> that, prior version and or other BBSes my use something else. The next is -d
> %Pdoor32.sys .... this is the argument that points to the directory where
> your door files are... current versions of Mystic would take that %P and
> translate that as \mystic\temp1 or \mystic\temp2 or \mystic\temp3... and so
> on... depending on the node you are on. The ending to that statement
> door32.sys is the door info file.
>
> Lets just say that your software doesn't use the %P argument you can execute
> the door like this...
> c:\doormud\dmud32d -n %N -d \mystic\temp%N\door32.sys
>
> The error you're getting sounds like the door isn't able to find the door
> info files .... The -d \mystic\temp%N\door32.sys part...
> IB Joe
> AKA Joe Schweier
> SysOp of Joe's BBS
> -=JoesBBS.com=-

Thanks Joe. I will look at the variables again and see if something changed
between 1.07.03 and 1.12 or whatever the current version is. I know that the
paths are correct and exist so it has to be something with the node variable.

Thanks!
Rich

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 07:24
Re: DoorMUD
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 10:12:19 AM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> On 01 Oct 2020, Jay Harris said the following...
> JH> IJ> A few questions... what BBS software are you going to use?? If the B
> JH> IJ> is not dialup ready what's your plan there...
> JH>
> JH> I used Synchronet's SEXPOTS to add dialup support to my Mystic board on
> JH> Win32.
> JH>
> JH> All SEXPOTS does is answer the modem and then send that to Telnet. Over
> JH> VoIP phone lines I was only able to get a 19,200 to 38,400 baud
> JH> connection, but it worked quite well. I don't have it setup anymore,
> JH> because... why?
> JH>
> JH> Setup was quite easy, just edit the sexpots.ini file & then run
> JH> SEXPOTS.EXE -com 4 -baud 38400. (At least that's what I ran for my USB
> JH> modem on my voip line, YMMV).
> JH>
> JH> Jay
>
> A suggestion I would have made... I would have went with a current version of

> Mystic and used sexpots myself.... There are some fellow SysOps trying to
> get their BBSes going on XT machines, no HDD of 5.25 floppies.
>
> Smile
> IB Joe
> AKA Joe Schweier
> SysOp of Joe's BBS
> -=JoesBBS.com=-

When I first started this project, I gave Synchronet with sexpots a try on a
Windows XP machine (also with a Digi AccelPort PCI card) and I could never get
sexpots running as a service in an effort to automate the startup. I guess I
could run 4 instances
of it, maybe starting from a Windows command file or something and then use the
latest RC of Mystic (which I like better). I wonder if I can use a batch file
to start sexpots and the related Mystic node so that I don't have to click 8
things...I assume
so.

Let me try the fix to the replacement variable and see if that works.
Everything works right now except for that, and it's pretty speedy. I have 4
Hayes 14400 modems connected to a Panasonic 6x24 hybrid PBX. So, you don't have
to dial 7 digits -- only 3 -
- but it works great. Love the sound. Running @ 300 baud is horrible, but I've
done 1200 on a Mac SE (barely passable) and 14400 on a Mac IIci (reasonable).

I may still try the upgrade to 1.12rc46 with sexpots. It's easy enough to back
up the configuration if I mess it up.

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 14:14
Re: DoorMUD
On 01 Oct 2020, IB Joe said the following...

IJ> There are some fellow SysOps trying to get their BBSes going on XT
IHJ> machines, no HDD of 5.25 floppies.
IJ>
IJ> Smile

Suckers for punishment it seems! lol

Jay

... 6:30 is the best time on a clock, hands down

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 13:32
Re: DoorMUD
Re: Re: DoorMUD
By: IB Joe to Richard Cini on Wed Sep 30 2020 08:02 pm

> Each BBS is slightly different. Mystic drops it's door files in the
> \mystic\temp?\ directory whereas Synchronet puts them into the \SBBS\Node?\
> directory. The question mark "?"is the node number...

In Synchronet, it's configurable (per door) where to place the drop file(s).

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #41:
Ian Faith: It say's "Memphis show cancelled due to lack of advertising funds."

--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 15:54
Re: DoorMUD

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 15:57
Re: DoorMUD
On 01 Oct 2020, Rob Swindell said the following...

RS> Re: Re: DoorMUD
RS> By: IB Joe to Richard Cini on Wed Sep 30 2020 08:02 pm
RS>
RS> > Each BBS is slightly different. Mystic drops it's door files in the
RS> > \mystic\temp?\ directory whereas Synchronet puts them into the \SBBS\No
RS> > directory. The question mark "?"is the node number...
RS>
RS> In Synchronet, it's configurable (per door) where to place the drop
RS> file(s).

That's right...

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 16:28
Re: DoorMUD
On 01 Oct 2020, Richard Cini said the following...

RC> When I first started this project, I gave Synchronet with sexpots a try
RC> on a Windows XP machine (also with a Digi AccelPort PCI card) and I
RC> could never get sexpots running as a service in an effort to automate
RC> the startup. I guess I could run 4 instances
RC> of it, maybe starting from a Windows command file or something and then
RC> use the latest RC of Mystic (which I like better). I wonder if I can use
RC> a batch file to start sexpots and the related Mystic node so that I
RC> don't have to click 8 things...I assume
RC> so.
RC>
RC> Let me try the fix to the replacement variable and see if that works.
RC> Everything works right now except for that, and it's pretty speedy. I
RC> have 4 Hayes 14400 modems connected to a Panasonic 6x24 hybrid PBX. So,
RC> you don't have to dial 7 digits -- only 3 -
RC> - but it works great. Love the sound. Running @ 300 baud is horrible,
RC> but I've done 1200 on a Mac SE (barely passable) and 14400 on a Mac IIci
RC> (reasonable).
RC>
RC> I may still try the upgrade to 1.12rc46 with sexpots. It's easy enough
RC> to back up the configuration if I mess it up.

This is what I'd do for modem access. Sexpots, 4 different instances running
if need be. Then I'd run a current version of Mystic or Synchronet... What
ever one turns your crank.. There may be other software out there under
development... But these 2 pieces of software are the best.

Argument to go with the latest... You can easily access fidonet and other
networks... You can have the system login to a door server and let others
worry about door setup while your users easily access the doors.

Logon to my BBS... JoesBBS.com. I'm running Mystic BBS and I have 2 door
servers, one is local to me... on my LAN... the other one is external.. on
the WAN. What you should note is the ease of use the newer technology has.

I'm shocked what you can do now a days... Anyway, logon to my BBS and check
out the game servers

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.10.20 16:11
Re: DoorMUD
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 6:38:24 PM UTC-4, IB Joe wrote:
> On 01 Oct 2020, Richard Cini said the following...
> RC>
> RC> When I first started this project, I gave Synchronet with sexpots a try
> RC> on a Windows XP machine (also with a Digi AccelPort PCI card) and I
> RC> could never get sexpots running as a service in an effort to automate
> RC> the startup. I guess I could run 4 instances
> RC> of it, maybe starting from a Windows command file or something and then
> RC> use the latest RC of Mystic (which I like better). I wonder if I can use
> RC> a batch file to start sexpots and the related Mystic node so that I
> RC> don't have to click 8 things...I assume
> RC> so.
> RC>
> RC> Let me try the fix to the replacement variable and see if that works.
> RC> Everything works right now except for that, and it's pretty speedy. I
> RC> have 4 Hayes 14400 modems connected to a Panasonic 6x24 hybrid PBX. So,
> RC> you don't have to dial 7 digits -- only 3 -
> RC> - but it works great. Love the sound. Running @ 300 baud is horrible,
> RC> but I've done 1200 on a Mac SE (barely passable) and 14400 on a Mac IIci
> RC> (reasonable).
> RC>
> RC> I may still try the upgrade to 1.12rc46 with sexpots. It's easy enough
> RC> to back up the configuration if I mess it up.
> RC>
>
> This is what I'd do for modem access. Sexpots, 4 different instances running
> if need be. Then I'd run a current version of Mystic or Synchronet... What
> ever one turns your crank.. There may be other software out there under
> development... But these 2 pieces of software are the best.
>
> Argument to go with the latest... You can easily access fidonet and other
> networks... You can have the system login to a door server and let others
> worry about door setup while your users easily access the doors.
>
> Logon to my BBS... JoesBBS.com. I'm running Mystic BBS and I have 2 door
> servers, one is local to me... on my LAN... the other one is external.. on
> the WAN. What you should note is the ease of use the newer technology has.
>
> I'm shocked what you can do now a days... Anyway, logon to my BBS and check
> out the game servers
> IB Joe
> AKA Joe Schweier
> SysOp of Joe's BBS
> -=JoesBBS.com=-
Thanks Joe, will do.

I tried two different variations on the Data string. The 1.07.3 manual only
lists four variables:
%0=comm port handle
%1=comm port
%2=baud rate
%3=node

On that door, I tried both the "c" (comm port) and "n" (node) parameters and
all I got was "No method of accessing the serial port". The Digi AccelPort
starts at COM5 (COM5-12 actually).

So, I'm giving up on the 1.07 version and trying 1.12.rc46 with sexpots. Will
report back on that.

From: Richard Cini (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Fri, 02.10.20 11:15
Re: DoorMUD
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 12:47:30 AM UTC-4, Paul Quinn wrote:
> Hi! Rich,
>
> On 10/01/2020 04:11 PM, you wrote to IB Joe:
>
> RC> I tried two different variations on the Data string. The 1.07.3 manual
> RC> only lists four variables:
> RC> %0=comm port handle
> RC> %1=comm port
> RC> %2=baud rate
> RC> %3=node
>
> RC> On that door, I tried both the "c" (comm port) and "n" (node) parameters
> RC> and all I got was "No method of accessing the serial port". The Digi
> RC> AccelPort starts at COM5 (COM5-12 actually).
>
> RC> So, I'm giving up on the 1.07 version and trying 1.12.rc46 with sexpots.
> RC> Will report back on that.
>
> I would recommend that you try %0 /without/ referring to %1. That's what I
did
> with Radius w/32 calling Mystic 1.07.3, for a decade(?Wink. Good luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.

Well, good news. I did a complete reinstall of 1.12rc46 on my Windows XP test
machine. Running MIS (which I didn't know I had to do) gave me Telnet access
(which is good). Then, I experimented with sexpots and the older modems (Hayes
SmartModem 14400)
and it seems sensitive to what the initialization string is because it kept
thinking there was an ANS and then getting stuck in a DTR drop loop. Making it
a simple "&C1&D2S95=1" and forcing BAUD=19200 seemed to work. These modems
don't have caller ID,
and I couldn't find a way in the docs to disable it outright, so I made that
string "ATV1" which is innocuous. If there's way to do it, let me know.

I also tinkered around again with DMUD and was finally able to get it to work
using "-c %0 -d %Pdoor32.sys", so that's good.

Last item...I tried to install cryptlib which of course is very easy to do, but
the latest version (3.4.5) makes MIS and MYSTIC throw all sorts of run-time
errors and then terminate. I did install the required RTL for it (Visual Studio
2005
Redistributable) but you have to remove the DLL to get things working again. I
don't know if there's a better version of this for Windows XP, but if there is,
I'd like to get it just so I can call the setup complete.