Fidonet Portal

From: Dean Galloway (1:114/709)
To: All
Date: Wed, 19.05.21 17:55
Finding personal messages
Hi Nick,

I am told there is a personal message or echomail waiting for me, how do I find
it if only running the mailer?

Thanks,
Dean.
--- D'Bridge 4
* Origin: Buckeye Telegraph (1:114/709)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.05.21 07:23
Re: Finding personal messages
Dean,

DG> I am told there is a personal message or echomail waiting for me, how do
DG> I find it if only running the mailer?

Due to the time-difference, It'll take hours before Nich gets to this. So I'll
take the honours ...

If you depress <ALT-E> you will start the editor. It starts-up in the netmail
directory ... if you have netmail set-up that is.

Take care,

\%/@rd

--- DB4
* Origin: Hou het veilig, hou vol. Het komt allemaal weer goed (2:292/854)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.05.21 06:49
On 19 May 21 17:55:22, Dean Galloway said the following to All:

DG> I am told there is a personal message or echomail waiting for me, how do I
DG> find it if only running the mailer?

Press Y in the editor.

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.05.21 17:52
Re: Finding personal messages
NA> Press Y in the editor.

Why...

From: Dean Galloway (1:114/709)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.05.21 18:56
Re: Finding personal messages
Hi Ward,

WD> Due to the time-difference, It'll take hours before Nich gets to this. So
WD> I'll take the honours ...

WD> If you depress <ALT-E> you will start the editor. It starts-up in the
WD> netmail directory ... if you have netmail set-up that is.

Thanks for the reply. The Netmail is no problem, it's the personal echomail I
can't figure out.

From: Dean Galloway (1:114/709)
To: All
Date: Thu, 20.05.21 18:59
Re: Finding personal messages
Hi Nick,

NA> Press Y in the editor.

Hitting Y does bring up a Your Mail box, but it doesn't appear to lead me to
the personal echomails, or I'm not understanding the headings. I'll keep
poking around.