Fidonet Portal

From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 25.04.21 21:42
For BitTorrent users only.
TK> Yeah. But the download speed from you over your he.net tunnel sucks. Smile

That's not what I have seen here. On a big torrent, like when downloading an
Ubuntu ISO, I can have some 10 or so peers after I've downloaded it and, of
course, keep seeding to at least twice the download. I then usually have 10-20%
IPv6 connections, and they are getting the same speed as those IPv4 connected.
Sometimes above 10MB/s.

Maybe it's something at your end? Like with the "No IPv6" comment? Cool

It seems like you were the only taker here though. I guess the MAFIAA has
managed to scare people away from the superior bittorrent world. Why download
from 30-40 servers simultaneously when you can all download from one single
server, right?

..

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)