Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (2:460/58)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.11.20 15:45
I get occasional power outages. Normally blamed on trees as well. But
AA> Indeed.
AA>
AA> A large area of my province is affected. Trees are most often to blame.

I get occasional power outages. Normally blamed on trees as well. But I live in
an odd area where we aren't technically in the city limits of Houston, but it
surrounds us. So as an unincorporated area of the county hidden away like that,
updates to the services lag.

The bad part it we have well water, not city water, so power outages also knock
out the well pumps.

In 2008, Hurricane Ike knocked out the power around Houston for a while. My
parents were lucky, only a few hours. Where I live now was a few days. I lived
about 1.5 miles from where I do now, and was without power or water for 2
weeks.

--- tg BBS v0.6.2
* Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)