Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Gutman (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.07.20 19:41
IDE64 Setup Utility Question
GREAT NEWS! I just received my IDE64v4.3 in the mail on Thursday!
The "bad news," I'm not knowledgeable in regards to "compatibility"
perspective.
I do have a cd from my days with the 3.2, but am uncertain if it will function
adequately with the 4.2.
Any suggestions?
Also, just began taking my videos of my C64 cartridge experiences, and will be
uploading them to youtube.com very soon.
Take care everyone and STAY SAFE!

Thanks so much

Charles

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)

From: Silver Dream ! (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Sun, 19.07.20 10:15
Re: IDE64 Setup Utility Question
On 19/07/2020 04:41, Charles Gutman wrote:
> GREAT NEWS! I just received my IDE64v4.3 in the mail on Thursday!

Congrats!

> The "bad news," I'm not knowledgeable in regards to "compatibility"
perspective.

What do you want to say? What "compatibility"?

> I do have a cd from my days with the 3.2, but am uncertain if it will
function adequately with the 4.2.

And what do you have stored on that CD? The tools have certainly changed
in he meantime. So has the IDE64 native filesystem.

> Any suggestions?

Get the latest toolset from the net, set things up, enjoy! Smile

From: Charles Gutman (3:770/3)
To: All
Date: Sun, 19.07.20 10:28
Re: IDE64 Setup Utility Question
Thanks so much.
These are actually "my exact thoughts" as well.
I will be downloading the software tomorrow and will try to see what I can do
with it next weekend.

Thanks so much for the greatly appreciated input.

Have a blessed day