Fidonet Portal

From: Vincent Coen (2:250/1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.04.21 13:08
PLEASE ADD status
Hello August!

Saturday April 17 2021 07:03, you wrote to Dale Shipp:

> Hello Dale!

> ** On Saturday 17.04.21 - 01:06, you wrote:

AA>>> Can you point to a set that had some othernets?

DS>> Sorry, I cannot find a reference to an index of old
DS>> echolists. In this packet I see that someone else has
DS>> confirmed the presence of othernets in the Elist.

> Thanks for checking.

DS>> The Elist had always advertised itself as not being a Fido
DS>> net instrument, but a place for interested moderators of
DS>> any network to list and thus publize their echos.

> But it *is* true that if someone moderating an echo on an
> othernet participated in Ben Ritchey's echo registration system,
> it then got inlcuded in the distributed archive?

> Is that what the DISTrib and GROUP tags are for?

> GROUP scinet
> DIST worlwide

GROUP networkname (1 word)
LANG language used (1 word)

The reporting process can select specific networks or all it is as far as I
remember set to all by default.

It could for other networks be sent to other files with a hour of programming
effort.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.21/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)