Fidonet Portal

From: Vincent Coen (2:250/1)
To: All
Date: Fri, 16.04.21 17:28
PLEASE ADD status
Hello August!

Friday April 16 2021 10:11, you wrote to Dale Shipp:

> Hello Dale Shipp!

> ** On Thursday 15.04.21 - 00:19, Dale Shipp wrote to Vincent Coen:

DS>> The Elist has never been a Fidonet only listing. There
DS>> were always echos from other networks included. When did
DS>> that change?

> I wasn't aware that the Elist included othernets. I don't think
> I ever saw an elist publication that included anything except
> Fidonet-only when Ben Ritchey produced files.

> Can you point to a set that had some othernets?

Currently there is no usage by other networks using the elist system.

There can of course join in and if they are happy with using the standard file
listings can just use it as is but if they require different file lists then
they should get in touch with network and file name replacements.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.21/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)