Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.04.21 17:12
What is this echo?
Re: What is this echo?
By: Jay Harris to All on Sat Apr 17 2021 07:50 pm

JH> I have this echo available from Al's system, but there is also an
JH> Astronomy echo. Neither appear to be on the ELIST.

So many echoes dropped from either or both the echolist and the backbone..

JH> I have daily horoscopes that I post to various othernets, but have never
JH> found an appropriate echo on Fido to post those to.

I suppose the moderator, if there is one who would decide what the rules are.

JH> Could this echo potentially be a home for those, or can someone suggest an
JH> echo?

I wouldn't mind if you posted those here. Of course I'm not the moderator..
so.. Smile

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Borrow money from pessimists. They don't expect it back.
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.04.21 20:24
Re: What is this echo?
*** Quoting Alan Ianson from a message to Jay Harris ***

JH> Could this echo potentially be a home for those, or can someone
JH> suggest an echo?

AI> I wouldn't mind if you posted those here. Of course I'm not the
AI> moderator.. so.. Smile

It's said that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... ;)

Jay

... Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4/mL
* Origin: Northern Realms | 289-424-5180 | bbs.nrbbs.net (1:229/664)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.04.21 18:13
Re: What is this echo?
Re: Re: What is this echo?
By: Jay Harris to Alan Ianson on Sat Apr 17 2021 08:24 pm

JH> It's said that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... ;)

I've heard that.. ;)

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Luxuriantly hand-crafted from only the finest ASCII.
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.04.21 12:57
Re: What is this echo?
Hi Jay,

On 2021-04-17 19:50:03, you wrote to All:

JH> I have this echo available from Al's system, but there is also an
JH> Astronomy echo. Neither appear to be on the ELIST.

This is from an old elist:

ASTRONET
Astronomy Echo
Observational Astronomy Echo.

Gateways:
Language:
# Nodes: N/A Volume: N/A Rules:
Flags:
Notes:
Moderators: Mark Kaye, 1:249/109, mark.kaye@sympatico.ca
Arnold Gill, 1:153/6.5
Bill McCauley, 1:161/42
Last changed: 2-Jun-2000 by mark.kaye@sympatico.ca, 1:261/1551,
mark.kaye@sympatico.ca

JH> I have daily horoscopes that I post to various othernets, but have
JH> never found an appropriate echo on Fido to post those to.

JH> Could this echo potentially be a home for those,

No, please don't...

JH> or can someone suggest an echo?

If you must just create your own area...

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.04.21 07:44
Re: What is this echo?
*** Quoting Richard Menedetter from a message to Jay Harris ***

RM> No, this echo is for ASTRONOMY and scientific discussions of
RM> astronomy subjects.

Thanks for the clarification. Seeing as I didn't know, and it wasn't clear
by the name of the echo, which is why I asked the question.

RM> I also see absolutely no suitable echo for horoscopes in fidonet!
RM> (which is a good thing!Wink

So... because YOU don't like/read horoscopes, they shouldn't be allowed on
Fidonet?

RM> PLEASE keep astroLOGY _OUT_ of _THIS_ echo!!! Feel free to contribute
RM> astronomy messages here!

Again, I asked a simple question because I didn't know. Now out comes the ALL
CAPS text and the exclamation marks. People should be allowed to ask
questions...

RM> CU, Ricsi

I'd rather not.

... Winning isn't the end of the world