Fidonet Portal

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Wed, 05.12.12 23:50
FTS-5000.003
> Bre'r Carol Shenkenberger wrote about RE:FTS-5000.003 to Bre'r Roy Witt:
>

> >> 8^) The date of the file is there for you to see after the version
> >> number.
> >>
> >> May 30, 2012 ...
> >>
> >> As in; 120530, which perhaps, is too confusing for them.
>
> CS> LOL, Oracle does the same with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and it drives me
> CS> batty because I constantly have to TO_CHAR(acc.COMPL_DT,
> CS> 'YYYY/MM/DD'Wink COMPL_DT on reports or MAX and TO_CHAR the COMPL_DT
> CS> depending on what the customer needs.
>
> I get lost in Oracle after Scott Tiger... 8^) (that shows my age too)

I get lost with UNION and NVL still at times.

> CS> If you do a base version, they can't sort it right.
>
> CS> SELECT AP.NM, AP.RANK, C.COURSE, C.COURSE_TITLE, TO_CHAR(C.COMPL_DT,
> CS> 'YYYY/MM'DD'Wink COMPL_DT FROM ALL_PERS AP INNER JOIN COURSES C ON
> CS> AP.SSN=C.SSN AND COURSE LIKE 'COOKING%' ORDER BY C.COURSE, AP.NM
>
> CS> Thats made up but shows a basic readable query for non-oracle folks
> CS> well enough to follow.
>
> A hundred years ago, I used to program in Basic. I couldn't even follow
> the above now.

Grin, I cut my teeth in assembly and used to teach 'BASIC' but like all of
us, what you don't use, you lose. I recall little of assembly than 'POP AX'
and basic structures of 'Basic' as in 'if then .. else'.

You know what's a real PITA? Converting between HTML versions. I have a 50
page wiki on Lotis connection version and may need to convert it to
sharepoint 2010. Not gonna be fun. CSS looks easy though. An important
part of the product is 'child pages' at least 3 deep.

xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)