Fidonet Portal

From: Alexey Vissarionov (2:5020/545)
To: All
Date: Wed, 05.12.12 13:49
FTS-5000.003
Good ${greeting_time}, Carol!

02 Dec 2012 13:41:50, you wrote to Roy Witt:

>> May 30, 2012 ...
>> Europeans write the day and month backwards which makes dates very
>> confusing
CS> LOL, Oracle does the same with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and it drives
CS> me batty because I constantly have to TO_CHAR(acc.COMPL_DT,
CS> 'YYYY/MM/DD'Wink COMPL_DT on reports or MAX and TO_CHAR the COMPL_DT
CS> depending on what the customer needs.

Funny to say that to you, but the exactly same Oracle uses DD.MM.YYYY here Smile

CS> If you do a base version, they can't sort it right.
CS> SELECT AP.NM, AP.RANK, C.COURSE, C.COURSE_TITLE, TO_CHAR(C.COMPL_DT,
CS> 'YYYY/MM'DD'Wink COMPL_DT FROM ALL_PERS AP INNER JOIN COURSES C ON
CS> AP.SSN=C.SSN AND COURSE LIKE 'COOKING%' ORDER BY C.COURSE, AP.NM
CS> Thats made up but shows a basic readable query for non-oracle folks
CS> well enough to follow.

I know the better solution: `setenv LC_TIME "ru_RU.UTF-8"`

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... god@universe:~ # cvs up && make world
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: http://openwall.com/Owl (2:5020/545)