Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:387/22)
To: All
Date: Mon, 03.12.12 13:01
FTS-5000.003
Bre'r Carol Shenkenberger wrote about RE:FTS-5000.003 to Bre'r Roy Witt:

>> 8^) The date of the file is there for you to see after the version
>> number.
>>
>> May 30, 2012 ...
>>
>> As in; 120530, which perhaps, is too confusing for them.

CS> LOL, Oracle does the same with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and it drives me
CS> batty because I constantly have to TO_CHAR(acc.COMPL_DT,
CS> 'YYYY/MM/DD'Wink COMPL_DT on reports or MAX and TO_CHAR the COMPL_DT
CS> depending on what the customer needs.

I get lost in Oracle after Scott Tiger... 8^) (that shows my age too)

CS> If you do a base version, they can't sort it right.

CS> SELECT AP.NM, AP.RANK, C.COURSE, C.COURSE_TITLE, TO_CHAR(C.COMPL_DT,
CS> 'YYYY/MM'DD'Wink COMPL_DT FROM ALL_PERS AP INNER JOIN COURSES C ON
CS> AP.SSN=C.SSN AND COURSE LIKE 'COOKING%' ORDER BY C.COURSE, AP.NM

CS> Thats made up but shows a basic readable query for non-oracle folks
CS> well enough to follow.

A hundred years ago, I used to program in Basic. I couldn't even follow
the above now.

R\%/itt

... What Would Roy Witt Do ? - Cato the Elder - SD-138722

--- Hate Mongers and Morons, get your coffee and keyboards ready!
* Origin: Texas Lone-Star - Texan, American, USAian (1:387/22)