Fidonet Portal

From: Paul Quinn (3:640/384)
To: All
Date: Mon, 03.12.12 10:08
FTS-5000.003
Hi! Carol,

In a message to Roy Witt you wrote:

CS> SELECT AP.NM, AP.RANK, C.COURSE, C.COURSE_TITLE, TO_CHAR(C.COMPL_DT,
CS> 'YYYY/MM'DD'Wink COMPL_DT FROM ALL_PERS AP INNER JOIN COURSES C ON
CS> AP.SSN=C.SSN AND COURSE LIKE 'COOKING%' ORDER BY C.COURSE,
CS> AP.NM

CS> Thats made up but shows a basic readable query for non-oracle folks
CS> well enough to follow.

It looks very SQL-ish. Both are like dBASE on steroids+other bad, bad things.
It ain't simple, English-like, any more.

The AND looks uncomfortable. Are you sure? Oh, it's okay. Figured it. It's
a search parameter on the JOIN. I was used to using FOR in dBASE, I think.
That was so long ago. That last time was April 2006, working on my JamNNTPd
configuration.

Cheers,
Paul.

... The world is coming to an end. Please log off.
--- Paul's Win98SE VirtualBox
* Origin: Quinn's Post - Maryborough, Queensland, OZ (3:640/384)