Fidonet Portal

From: Vincent Coen (2:250/1)
To: All
Date: Mon, 25.01.21 16:29
Silly Question
Hello Charles!

Monday January 25 2021 07:28, you wrote to me:

VC>> So removing them can break links with other packages it does not
VC>> know about one way or another.
VC>>
VC>> Suggest you never remove such unused packages in future unless
VC>> you really know it is clear. Depending on your package manager
VC>> and yes there is more than one there are some tools that can be
VC>> used to verify that nothing installed via the manager is being
VC>> used UNLESS you have manually installed some products which they
VC>> do not know about.

> Neither od Rick's suggestions fixed the message, so I'm leaving it
> alone. It's more of an annoyance than a problem, and nothing I am
> running have any issues I have seen.

I had to find this out the hard way a few year back and yes still applies to
the current versions of Linux tools, I am guessing that it is not easy to fix
at least using rpm managers.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.21/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)