Fidonet Portal

From: Jeff Smith (1:282/1031)
To: All
Date: Fri, 08.05.20 20:45
Ubuntu and embeded video?
Hello everybody!

I have noticed that Ubuntu 19.10 looks to have a problem
(No video at all) with video that is embedded in and handled
by the CPU. This didn't seem to to have been a problem with
previous versions of Ubuntu. If I switched to a PCI-E video
card and disabled the embedded video then Ubuntu would boot
up ok but would run real slowly. Changing Ryzen 5 CPU's to
one that doesn't have embedded video and using the PCI-E
video lets Ubuntu boot up fine and run normally.

I will test the problem CPU in a Windows 10 PC to see how
it behaves.

Jeff

--- Mystic v1.12 A46 (2020/04/11) GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20170303
* Origin: The OuijaBoard BBS - bbs.ouijabrd.net (1:282/1031)