Fidonet Portal

From: Gary McCulloch (1:154/50)
To: All
Date: Sun, 26.04.20 09:18
D'Bridge, DosBox and Win10 64bit.
I am very new to this, but would like ot learn. I have installed
DosBox on my Windows 10 64 bit machine. Then installed the latest D'Bridge. I
am trying to learn how to be a HUB. Question is, is there an automative way to
add all the echos??

-Spitfire Inc presents 4 Unique Systems...

Reign of Fire rof.cnetbbs.net:2300 C-Net Amiga Pro BETA System.
Reign of Fire II rof.cnet64.com:6400 C-Net DS-2 BETA System.
Reign of Fire III rof.cnetbbs.net:6800 C-Net Amiga v3.05g
Reign of Fire Vice rof.cnet64.com:6502 C-Net DS-2 on Windows!
* C-Net/5
* Origin: rof.cnetbbs.net:2300 * rof.cnet64.com:6400 (1:154/50)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 26.04.20 18:29
Re: D'Bridge, DosBox and Win10 64bit.
On 26 Apr 20 07:18:23, Gary Mcculloch said the following to All:

GM> I am very new to this, but would like ot learn. I have installed
GM> DosBox on my Windows 10 64 bit machine. Then installed the latest D'Bridge
GM> I am trying to learn how to be a HUB. Question is, is there an automative
GM> to add all the echos??

I do not recommend Dosbox with D'Bridge, I recommend NTVDM64.

Areafix is the way to automate echo additions and removals using ALL and -ALL.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Gary McCulloch (1:154/50)
To: All
Date: Sun, 26.04.20 22:21
On Sun 26-Apr-2020 4:29p, Nick Andre@1:229/426.0 said to Gary McCulloch:
NA> I do not recommend Dosbox with D'Bridge, I recommend NTVDM64.

NA> Areafix is the way to automate echo additions and removals using ALL and
NA> -ALL.

Thanks for the pointers. I am also wondering how I up-date a compile
my nodelist with D'Bridge. Can't seem to find the editor.

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 27.04.20 10:12
On 26 Apr 20 20:21:16, Gary Mcculloch said the following to Nick Andre:

GM> Thanks for the pointers. I am also wondering how I up-date a compi
GM> my nodelist with D'Bridge. Can't seem to find the editor.

Nodelists are defined in Config - Nodelists - St. Louis Style nodelists.

Press F1 in that question, or any others, for an explanation on how to define
the nodelists. Every single question in D'Bridge has an F1 Help screen.

The nodelist is compiled using Utilities-Build Nodelist. If the compiling must
be triggered by a dummy/semaphore file, the two files DBRIDGE.TCN and
DBRIDGE.FCN will test the databases and compile if necessary, or
force-compile. Creating dummy/semaphores may not work correctly on Dosbox
which is why I do not recommend its use.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2