Fidonet Portal

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 29.03.20 13:30
Randomly giving up the ghost...
Am trying to address a reported problem of D'Bridge randomly exiting to DOS on
Server 2008 32-bit after a day or two of constant operation, heavy tossing.

If anyone is running D'Bridge on 32-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, let me know
if the problem happens for you.

Since this never happened on XP and earlier Windows, I am assuming the NTVDM
code was changed slightly by Microsoft somewhere in Vista.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Rudi Timmermans (2:292/140)
To: All
Date: Sun, 29.03.20 20:54
Re: Randomly giving up the ghost...
Hi Nick,

> If anyone is running D'Bridge on 32-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, let me
> know
> if the problem happens for you.

Like i told you via email on my Windows10 with NTVDM i can not make the window
bigger, even change the lettertype to a bigger font was not possible, i have
google it and it seem in Windows10 with NTVDM not possible to change the window
add all, i can me be wrong here...

But i found a nice fix i'm using the freeware vDos and that works perfect and
this is even up to date... But it would be nice if you can find a solution with
the NTVDM on Windows10...

Greetings,
Rudi

--- D'Bridge 4
* Origin: AfterShock Beta Tester (2:292/140)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 29.03.20 15:18
On 29 Mar 20 18:54:43, Rudi Timmermans said the following to Nick Andre:

RT> But i found a nice fix i'm using the freeware vDos and that works perfect a
RT> this is even up to date... But it would be nice if you can find a solution
RT> with the NTVDM on Windows10...

There is nothing I can program to fix the font-size of the NTVDM on Windows
10. As per my email, please try clicking the Properties of the running session
and see if there is a Font menu. Every version of Windows since NT4 has this,
including using a system font or raster font. If it does not, that is news to
me...

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Rudi Timmermans (2:292/140)
To: All
Date: Sun, 29.03.20 21:54
Re: Randomly giving up the ghost...
Hi Nick,

> There is nothing I can program to fix the font-size of the NTVDM on
> Windows
> 10. As per my email, please try clicking the Properties of the running
> session
> and see if there is a Font menu. Every version of Windows since NT4 has
> this,
> including using a system font or raster font. If it does not, that is
> news to
> me...
I have try this but when change font there are no changes to the window, for
what i have see on google a lot of people have this problem, and it seems make
the window bigger is not possible anymore.... That's why i use vDOS as that
works perfect and easy. Mebay someone else here know a solution, but i try
everything i know and it just dont work here...

From: Rudi Timmermans (2:292/140)
To: All
Date: Sun, 29.03.20 22:06
Re: Randomly giving up the ghost...
Hi Nick,

I have remove and reinstall NTVDM, and now it is working !

Thanks!

From: Mark Hofmann (1:261/1304)
To: All
Date: Tue, 31.03.20 21:07
Re: Randomly giving up the ghost...
NA> If anyone is running D'Bridge on 32-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, let me
NA> know if the problem happens for you.

I'm running D'Bridge on Windows 7 32-bit and never saw that behavior.

Awhile back I was having issues with it freezing with no error, but that was
fixed with the processor affinity setting. No more issues at all I'm happy to
report.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.52
* Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (1:261/1304.0)