Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12.73)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 17.07.19 00:49
Thought on Discovery
On 2019 Jul 16 17:04:34, you wrote to me:

EO>>> Some people don't like that it's still a 4:3 image and doesn't take
EO>>> up the entire screen on today's wide-screen TVs,

ML>> even HD shows/movies don't do that... the top and bottom of the
ML>> screen is still a black border on a lot of them... granted, they're
ML>> wide but not tall enough...

EO> Not really sure what you're trying to say.. In the case of the HD
EO> Star Trek TNG, the black bars are on the left & right sides, not on
EO> the top & bottom.

i didn't target any specific show or movie... i said exactly what i meant to
say... some HD shows/movies do not fill the screen... they have empty bands on
the top and bottom... i think it is called letterbox but my understanding is
that only applies to some converted entities... not those that are shot and
transmitted/projected in HD...

the situation with TNG is different... it is a non-HD show being converted to
HD and retaining its original dimensions...

)\/(ark

And to this end they built themselves a stupendous super-computer which was
so amazingly intelligent that even before its data banks had been connected
up it had started from "I think therefore I am" and got as far as deducing
the existence of rice pudding and income tax before anyone managed to turn
it off.
... Cats' Credo: They should get laid before they get spayed
---
* Origin: (1:3634/12.73)