Fidonet Portal

From: T.J. Mcmillen (1:129/305)
To: All
Date: Tue, 03.11.20 23:01
bbs archives site?
Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site?
archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file.
Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the file
name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to just have
happened within the last week or so.

... Dusk lures like a lyre beckoning the quietude

--- Renegade v1.22/DOS
* Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.hopto.org (1:129/305)

From: Ron Lauzon (1:275/89)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.11.20 12:43
Re: bbs archives site?
-=> T.J. Mcmillen wrote to All <=-

TM> Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site?
TM> archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file.
TM> Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the
TM> file name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to
TM> just have happened within the last week or so.

Just did it a moment ago and the file downloaded without problem.

I do notice that some of the files are 0 bytes long. I wonder if some of them
are just missing.

... Would you like to have some pizza with that sausage?
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)

From: Zazz (1:124/5014.2)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.11.20 12:21
Re: bbs archives site?
AI> Re: bbs archives site?
AI> By: T.J. Mcmillen to All on Tue Nov 03 2020 11:01 pm
AI>
AI> TM> Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site?
AI> TM> archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file.
AI> TM> Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the
AI> TM> name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to just h
AI> TM> happened within the last week or so.
AI>
AI> When I try to right click and save in firefox it says the download cannot
AI> saved because an unknown error occurred.

Right click on file you want to download and select open in new tab and the
download for your browser should work. In Firefox in brings up Opening
(filename) and you have option to open or download. Works for me, just tried
it, so it is still functional.

... Another casualty of the seduction of art. - Hobbes

--- Renegade v1.22/DOS
* Origin: PB Renegade (gapbbs.rdfig.net:2424) Mesquite, Tx (1:124/5014.2)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.11.20 11:37
Re: bbs archives site?
Re: Re: bbs archives site?
By: Zazz to Alan Ianson on Wed Nov 04 2020 12:21 pm

Za> Right click on file you want to download and select open in new tab and
Za> the download for your browser should work. In Firefox in brings up Opening
Za> (filename) and you have option to open or download. Works for me, just
Za> tried it, so it is still functional.

Yep, it's working now so whatever the problem was it was temporary.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Zazz (1:124/5014.2)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.11.20 12:21