Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/1.58)
To: All
Date: Thu, 10.06.21 18:04
pgp 30th anniv
* Originally in INTERNET
* Crossposted in PUBLIC_KEYS

Hello Wilfred!

** On Thursday 10.06.21 - 18:03, you wrote to August Abolins:

WvV> -Philip Zimmermann
WvV> The Hague, Netherlands

WvV> I didn't know he lives so close by. It turns out he now is a professor
WvV> at the university where I once studied...

Time to get on that bike and see if you can spot him on campus!

I'm also suprised that he doesn't even use/mention his
SilentCircle system for his iPhone. I wonder what's up with
that.

--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.50
* Origin: Key ID = 0x5789589B (2:221/1.58)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Fri, 11.06.21 09:01
Re: pgp 30th anniv
* Originally in INTERNET
* Crossposted in PUBLIC_KEYS

Hi August,

On 2021-06-10 18:04:00, you wrote to me:

WvV>> -Philip Zimmermann
WvV>> The Hague, Netherlands

WvV>> I didn't know he lives so close by. It turns out he now is a
WvV>> professor at the university where I once studied...

AA> Time to get on that bike and see if you can spot him on campus!

The chances of that ar very slim, unless you know exactly which building he
works in. It's a big campus!

Anyway I'm not a star chaser. ;)

AA> I'm also suprised that he doesn't even use/mention his
AA> SilentCircle system for his iPhone. I wonder what's up with
AA> that.

He was a founder, but maybe he's no longer involved with them?

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sun, 13.06.21 12:48
Re: pgp 30th anniv
* Originally in INTERNET
* Crossposted in PUBLIC_KEYS

Hi August,

On 2021-06-12 21:24:00, you wrote to me:

AA>>> Time to get on that bike and see if you can spot him on
AA>>> campus!

WvV>> The chances of that ar very slim, unless you know exactly
WvV>> which building he works in. It's a big campus!

AA> I suppose the campus is closed to casual traffic anyway?

No, you can't compare it to a campus as you know it from your part of the
world. It's just a part of the city where a lot of the buildings have
educational (or related) functions.

AA>>> I'm also suprised that he doesn't even use/mention his
AA>>> SilentCircle system for his iPhone. I wonder what's up
AA>>> with that.

WvV>> He was a founder, but maybe he's no longer involved with them?

AA> But even so, I would think why not subscribe to the service
AA> that one helped to create or influence? A $9.99/mo
AA> subscription would be nothing for him.

I don't know his motivations...