Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.09.12 21:07
Russian encodings in current use
Hey Sergey!

SS> that required the codes of pseudographic characters to be
SS> different from Western standards and prevented many popular
SS> Western software from looking good.

Exactly the same problem from what I've heard about other 8 bit codepages other
than cp437.

SS> What exactly is worse with the North American sites' word wrapping?

Once this reply works through the system then I'll post the url to check out
with regards to multibyte character wordwrapping as it applies to a default
utf-8 American site. Note the tagline and count the characters rather than the
bytes. I tried it before and http://smekal.ru nailed it perfectly but
http://fidonet.ozzmosis.com counted bytes rather than characters which causes
it to display on two lines rather than one.

BTW what do you think it says? Hoping it is the same what I believe it says.

Life is good,
Maurice

... если он не нарушил вы не хотите,
достаточно трудно
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.37(2)-release (x86_64-atom-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)