Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: All
Date: Mon, 22.08.11 23:54
Error in the your no
Hello Ward,

On Monday August 22 2011 01:58, you wrote to Ross Cassell:

WD> The "Eurotrash shit pussy" remark, or however is was used, is all too
WD> well documented when skimming through the Fidonews-echo.

WD> And the only thing we ever got back from you people, including
WD> successive ZC1s, was to "live with it" because they couldn't do
WD> anything about it as that would violate the freedoms granted by the
WD> umpteenth ammendment of the US-constitution.

One of the things that annoys is that the word "reciprocity" is not in their
vocabulary. THEY claim the right to insult. But only for themselves. As with so
many other things. The favour is never returned. Always a one way street.
Always take, never give....

When a Swedish sysop puts material on his web server that by Swedish law is
allowed, but by US law is not, they demand that that Swedish sysop complies
with US law because the material originates from the US. But when in return I
request that by that same reasoning, Dutch law is followed for material
originating from The Netherlands, placed on a US web server, then its
different. THEN it is the law of the country where the server is located that
prevails.

Reciprocity is not in their vocabulary.

WD> This has been going-on for as long as I've been in Fidonet, which is
WD> now more than 20 years.

Indeed this has been going on ever since I started participating in the the so
called "international" echos.

This coup by the Troika was not the straw that broke the camel's back, it was
the final blow that disintegrated the glue that held FidoNet together.

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20070503
* Origin: Euro trash pacifist shit pig pussy (2:280/5555)