Fidonet Portal

From: Doug Connor (1:132/500)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 24.06.09 23:06
Test
Miles Maxted -> Doug Connor wrote:
MM> G'morning Doug and Paul,

DC>> Earl Truss -> Doug Connor wrote:
MM>>> Does anybody have a formula for calculating 'humidex' ?

DC>>> I would think it should be tied in with the "wind chill" index they
ET>> use.

ET>> Our TV weather reports in the Midwest US do include a "heat index"
MM> which
ET>> is what I think you are talking about. They give the actual
MM> temperature
ET>> and then a temperature that "it feels like" which includes an
MM> adjustment
ET>> for the relative humidity.

DC>> Yes I believe thats the ticket Smile

DC>> hehe as I sit here with the door open, It's around 70*F here.
DC>> It seems a little warmer as the humidity is about 60% (rained today).

MM> Now there's a thread from way back....

hah not the oldest I got Smile

MM> We're four days past our shortest day here, and although official

Guess that means I'm 4 days past our longest day then Smile

MM> temperatures for Aucklnad haven't reached 0c, I've had to free
MM> the iced-up wipers from a frozen windscreen with bucketted
MM> water...

Sounds like fun (not).

MM> Sunrise, sunset was 0734, 1714 and its been fine for a fortnight -
MM> with humidity running between 70 to 80%....

A couple of weeks ago our humidity was sitting around 25%
that was before this rainy spell hit.

MM> Ah the joys of the allegedly sub-tropical South Sea Islander...

aw yea it even gets cold there Smile

MM> Smile

MM> Miles

MM> | 116 Sunrise Avenue, North Shore City, New Zealand |
MM> | Ph/Fx/As: ++64-9-478-3138 Mob: ++64-21-296-3891 |

MM> ___ MultiMail/Win32 v0.47

MM> --- Maximus/2 3.01
MM> * Origin: === Maxie BBS. Ak, NZ +64 9 444-0989 === (3:772/1)

--- Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (X11/20090409)
* Origin: (1:132/500)