Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Wed, 01.08.12 00:16
CP{whatever} isn't LATIN-1
Hey Björn!

BF> with your CHRS: CP1252 2 kludge it *did*.

Understood. However it helped me troubleshoot *my* chosen method of proper
conversion between LATIN-1 and UTF-8. You've confirmed to me that *any*
encoding other than iso-8859-1 is *NOT* LATIN-1. Looks to me that my original
"CHRS: LATIN-1 2" kludge was correct.

Thank you! This helps greatly and is muchly appreciated.

Жизнь прекрасна,
Maurice

... У меня в штанах белка!
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.37(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)