Fidonet Portal

From: Miles Maxted (3:772/1)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 10.02.09 08:08
NZ Weather
G'morning all,

Following on from recent comments, I was prompted to place a max-
min thermometer down in our gully garden over the weekend.

Despite the official tempteratures (recorded at Auckland Airport
and a public park) hovering around 28 centigrade, the maximum
here hit 42.

We're located on the lip of a 100m hill overlooking the harbour,
and regularly record up to 100% more than the official rainfall.
The temperature difference was a surprise.

Incidently, the bush fires around Melbourne (some 2,000 miles and
an ocean south of west away) are now staining our skies - first
time for 25 years or so....

One wonders what next outlying phenomena might be observed.

Miles.

+--------------------Miles-Maxted-------------------+
| 116 Sunrise Avenue, North Shore City, New Zealand |
| Ph/Fx/As: ++64-9-478-3138 Mob: ++64-21-296-3891 |

___ MultiMail/Win32 v0.47

--- Maximus/2 3.01
* Origin: === Maxie BBS. Ak, NZ +64 9 444-0989 === (3:772/1)

From: Miles Maxted (3:772/1)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 11.02.09 07:00
Re: NZ Weather
G'morning Ward,

MM> One wonders what next outlying phenomena might be observed.
WD> Do not look at birds flying overhead, they may poop in your eyes.

Not to mention fish.... the Weather Office here claims Auckland
experienced 100% humidity on Monday, and is forecasting high 90%s
up into the weekend - oh, glub-glub !